Lifting Weight Is Bad For You

anson

I am a failure - all these years and I am not huge, massive, or bloated - well sometimes I'm bloated I guess but a trip to the bathroom usually cures it. :rolleyes

In modern society, strength is frowned upon. Everything is being feminized. It's no wonder that "big bloated muscles", which is what the average person thinks of when they hear "strength", get slammed in favor of a "beautiful, lithe, frame". What do beautiful and lithe generally connote? Feminine features. I rest my case.

In modern society, strength is frowned upon. Everything is being feminized. It's no wonder that "big bloated muscles", which is what the average person thinks of when they hear "strength", get slammed in favor of a "beautiful, lithe, frame". What do beautiful and lithe generally connote? Feminine features. I rest my case.

That's what the governments want, though. A feminized population is much easier to control than a masculine one. A society full of vikings would have Obama sweating bullets.

I am a failure - all these years and I am not huge, massive, or bloated - well sometimes I'm bloated I guess but a trip to the bathroom usually cures it. :rolleyes

Chris, you must be the biggest failure of anyone here, you've been lifting weights for about 50 years right? :upsidedwn

Chris, you must be the biggest failure of anyone here, you've been lifting weights for about 50 years right? :upsidedwn

I would hate to be trying to be a "Guru" in this day and age. The constant struggle to be new, different, and market yourself and your latest program, book, or DVD every day would be a pain. Trying to stand out in the internet sea of information can't be easy. To be honest - the guy does have a point if you look at "weight lifting" as taken to the extremes. But lifting certainly doesn't have to be taken to that extreme any more than anything else. Training for competition and training for health are not the same things at all. If, as he stated, your goal is to be able to carry a bag of groceries in one arm and a baby in the other, then I'm sure that can be done without weight training. But if your goals are a little bigger, then maybe not. Training is all about reaching "your" goals - and then realizing there will always be a price to be paid for that, one way or another.

• 1 month later...

Damn, guess I better start swinging from tree branches so that I can look like Jason Statham and be strong like him too :rolleyes But in reality Chris is right, it all depends on your goals. If you want to have useless muscles, train his way, if you want functional strength, go strongman :cool

• 1 month later...
That's what the governments want, though. A feminized population is much easier to control than a masculine one. A society full of vikings would have Obama sweating bullets.

I would give you "rep points" for that comment if I could.

Edited by G-Man