Strongman On Tv

Shaun Hainan

It doesn't seem like they have any strongman competitions on tv any more. ESPN and Versus used to play them a good bit. I can't remember the last time I saw one on. Anyone know why?

Maybe contracts? Write to them on their website tell vs. You want it back.

Rico

Versus carried IFSA contests. That federation went belly-up, so there's nothing left to show. I did catch one WSMSS contest on there a few months back, but I really haven't paid the channel much attention to know if it's been on any more.

WSM will have its marathon on ESPN 2 around Christmas again I'm sure. Met-Rx is the main sponsor once again, so maybe it'll get a little more air play this time. I don't think ESPN was crazy about partypoker.net being the main sponsor last year.

You won't get many chances to see it, though. It just doesn't have a broad appeal.

VS used to carry strongman, but now they suck and I've canceled my cable because of those swine. ESPN 2 is a joke, they put on WSM three months after the fact. God forbid if they had to bump a few college ball games to show the strongest athletes in the world doing amazing stuff.

IFSA went belly-up? That's a shame. When and why? I am so out of the strongman scene I had no idea.

Anson & Jon - How are you guys doing these days, anyway?

Jedd

God forbid if they had to bump a few college ball games

That is blasphemy... :whistel

IFSA went belly-up? That's a shame. When and why? I am so out of the strongman scene I had no idea.

Anson & Jon - How are you guys doing these days, anyway?

Jedd

I'm doing good, Jedd. I hope you are too, buddy.

I honestly can't remember all the details, but they went bankrupt a couple of years ago. A lot of athletes went unpaid for some shows, and they had an unpaid shipping bill for their equipment. Last I heard all of their equipment was going to be auctioned.

And I've got to agree with Rick on this one, Anson. I love strongman too, but I'd go ballistic if they cut some Bulldogs football to show a rerun.:laugh

Wow, had no idea. Thanks for the update.