Vitautas Lalas Says He Can Squat 300 Kg X 20 Reps

Benedikt Farsmann

whether I believe him or not, that was strong. Nicely done.

You know what they say - "take a weight you can do 10 times, then do 20 with it". That guy is seriously strong - if he's as mentally strong as he is physically - I think he can do it. Twenty reppers are as much mental as physical.

If by squat Lalas and Strossen are referring to the parallel squat, then Mr. Lalas needs to focus first on doing one rep with 300 KG before he sets his sights on 20.

Edited by The Natural

No doubt strong...but I have to agree with the depth comment. And, higher that parallel too on some reps out of the 10.

"An inch is a MILE in the squat."

One inch can make a HUGE diff in the poundage.

I will not say more about the depth then this;

The guy has huge legs and the angle of the camera makes it very hard to judge. Have a look at his mirror image and tell me me if it doesn´t look as if his hips goes lower then his knees. Angles are a tricky thing sometimes.

Now, regardless of this. That is mighty strong and deserves alot of credit. Even if we assume some reps are an inch or two above parallell it´s still a big achievment. How many in here can duplicate this feat?

Click Here

Be careful what you read from people with respect to lifts and how great they are. I remember the Bulgarians being put on a pedestal ALL the time and the crow was sure cawing up a storm....;)

Was just looking at more videos under the account....arrrrggggh!! :whacked

RAW IS RAW.....Wraps and a Belt on the lifter is NOT RAW!!

Nothing on the body, period, is RAW!

Here is some RAW lifting by the way. Not trying to change the topic. :upsidedwn And, this video is just addressing what I call "raw" and nothing else by the way.

I wonder why all raw federations,even the super strict ADAU, allow belts then?

They should make raw lifters go beltless, shoeless, and wear only a pair of shorts and t-shirt. Also no chalk... :whistel

They should make raw lifters go beltless, shoeless, and wear only a pair of shorts and t-shirt. Also no chalk... :whistel

why should they get a t-shirt?

Belts allow you to lift a LOT more. I dont' care if the federation of the month says it's raw. :)

The "getting naked" to lift is obviously over the top and really doesn't support that what I am proposing is truly raw. :)

One could make the argument for not having chalk too but frankly if the bar has really good knurling it's not needed.

So, just shoes and being clothed is RAW.

Belts allow you to lift a LOT more. I dont' care if the federation of the month says it's raw. :)

The "getting naked" to lift is obviously over the top and really doesn't support that what I am proposing is truly raw. :)

One could make the argument for not having chalk too but frankly if the bar has really good knurling it's not needed.

So, just shoes and being clothed is RAW.

But some shoes allow you to squat more?

why should they get a t-shirt?

Just because, thank you very much. ;)

I agree, shoes do allow one to lift more. Even in the bench press.

Lifting naked would just be stomach turning. :help However, making the lifter wear a lion skin loin cloth that they just got themselves after doing gladiator style battle would be bad ass. That would be real raw lifting... :trout:flame

Lifting naked would just be stomach turning. :help However, making the lifter wear a lion skin loin cloth that they just got themselves after doing gladiator style battle would be bad ass. That would be real raw lifting... :trout:flame

AHAHAHAH! Very funny stuff here Rick! :upsidedwn

That.... would be pure awesomeness... :mosher

I have mentioned to my wife about getting a cheetah skin singlet. preferable with only one shoulder strap.

• 1 month later...

What is that band that he has attatched to the bar during squat and deadlift?

Here is some RAW lifting by the way. Not trying to change the topic. :upsidedwn And, this video is just addressing what I call "raw" and nothing else by the way.