1. 1. Who Will Be The Second...

• Steve Gardener (Mobsterone)
    • Tommy Heslep (Gripper32001)
    • One of the Holle brothers
    • David Horne
    • Jesse Marunde
    • Pat Povilaitis (Terminator)
    • Heath Sexton (Bearcat74)
    • A Pro Strongman (Henry,Schoonveld etc.)
    • Somebody we have never heard of
    • Your grand-mother

I must have forgotten names (sorry about that but only ten choices) .

Oh and for those who may wonder why i mentionned J.Marunde it's because he can close a #3 in each hand and i find this darn impressive :) Now maybe he'll never close a #4.

That's a tough call. I voted for Heath simply because I'm more familiar with his accomplishments than, say, the Holle brothers.

I have to wonder about Schoonveld. He missed his big opportunity at the Snowman to lift the MDB, and believe me, he wanted it like few humans ever want anything. He's got bulging disks, so his strongman days may be in the twilight. He told he has repped the #3 many times. What better way to regain former glory than to be #2 on #4? I only say this because I've seen him on a mission. I've never met the others on the list, so I can't compare intensity levels. He is definitely in the running.

I'd also like to see what Josh Bigger could do. He snapped my #3 shut easily. I know, there's a world of difference going to the #4. I'd really like to see where he stands.

Alan

Jim Wylie ? Interesting because Jim is better known for his vertical and Blob lifts and is quite discreet when it comes to grippers ! I didn't even know he was training for the #4 :blink

Yes Alan, i agree that Josh Bigger could be a serious candidate but only if he decides to really train for it...

I am not aware of anyone other than Heath being close to closing a #4. Some are down to 1/2'' including myself, but I see that as being light years away from closing. The Holles keep very quiet about things, so maybe one of them will surprise us this year. Tommy Heslep has stated he will get it this year, and I believe him.

This is not a knock on Jesse Marunde, but the double #3 close picture in the MILO catalog does not show both grippers being closed. The one in his left hand looks to have a pretty big gap (a big gap with the grippers as we know is quite small). So maybe he did do this, or maybe he didn't. All I know is terminator came much closer at the AOBS dinner, and has also accomplished this feat several times. He is my choice to become the first to officially certify on a double #3 close.

I am not aware of anyone other than Heath being close to closing a #4. Some are down to 1/2'' including myself, but I see that as being light years away from closing. The Holles keep very quiet about things, so maybe one of them will surprise us this year. Tommy Heslep has stated he will get it this year, and I believe him.

Spot on. I'm at about what Old guy says although I will only be doing MDB and gripper work until March. I gave Heath my vote.

Pat is also a good candidate with the #4, he would maybe do it later than Heath since he tends to rather focus on bending ?

John, Nathan Holle was much closer than 1/2" on the #4 according to the latest news (a few mms away if memory serves).

Robert, have you got infos to share about Bob, how far is he on the #4 ?

I'm a bit inquisitive i'm afraid... :tongue

I think it will be Heath. By the way, around a month or so ago Tommy Heslep said he was within 1/4". Good luck to all. Maybe they even closed them by now but not consistently.

Robert, have you got infos to share about Bob, how far is he on the #4 ?

I'm a bit inquisitive i'm afraid...

He is secretive about his gripper training, he just mentioned he is trying a new approach (KTA?) in an attempt to close the #4.

Robert

I voted for Heath. My shoulder surgery has made my arm & hand kinda weak. I'm still 3/8 in away though. I lost mostly endurance.

I cant get 12 reps anymore,but I"LL BE BACK!!!!!!!!!

:blush Thanks for the votes. Only time will tell who will be next...... :blush

Conjecture is not an issue with rule 5. Now, if someone claimed to close it that's a different story.

I see that you have completely forgotten the great and mighty Sybersnott!!! :angry:

You underestimate our ability to recognize greatness, Sybersnott. It's only that your prowess is as obvious as the moon, and therefore why bother stating the obvious? :whistel

This is true. I nearly stated how far your toungue had reached and then remembered what you had said about staing the obvious (he he). Seriously Syber - how are you doing with the four other than it holding down papers on a our desks...

I see that you have completely forgotten the great and mighty Sybersnott!!! :angry:

You are joking right?

Wade is on my list of 4 closers too. I think there are several people on the board, and who knows how many off that have the potential to close the 4. I am with Steve on the double close. Nothing against Jesse, but there is a gap in the left gripper on the double close. Pat will be the first to certify on it.