202lb Choked #4 Close!

bencrush

Got the chance to put the squeeze on a #4 that I calibrated several years back for my brother-in-law. He sold the gripper to a buddy of his who just happened to be passing through town last night before I went to work. His friend asked if he could come over for a quick visit (never met him before this) and I gave him a quick gripper and vbar tutorial. He brought the #4 with him and he had a Trainer through #3 also. His #4 calibrated at 202lbs so it's on the "low" side for a #4. I asked him if I could hoseclamp it and he agreed because he wanted to see it closed. I knew I could close it from closer than parallel of course. But I warmed up and then set it at parallel just to see if I could squeak out a close. And I did!!! :D Barely. Didn't film it, but I felt the handles touch briefly and he confirmed that they did. That's my best hoseclamp close from parallel and damn that was a nice feeling to close a 200lb+ gripper even if it was just hoseclamped. My gripper strength is looking up and holy crap I want to keep it on the upswing at any cost.:mosher

Thanks Joe! I thought we had a thread devoted to best calibrated choked gripper closes but I can't find it through a search...

Ben, I know for sure that is a feat! Great job! I assume you must be closing 190 lbs grippers MMS?

Thanks Joe! I thought we had a thread devoted to best calibrated choked gripper closes but I can't find it through a search...

Nice choke close Ben and there is/was, pretty sure Paul Knight started the thread, so tried searching there too.

Guest Bullitt

That's a huge choker close Ben! I am about 10-12 lbs better on choker closes than mms. I know everyone is different, but you have to be ready for MM3 & 4 at this point!

Thanks guys! I failed again on Todd Coenen's hard #3.5 when I got off work this morning. Very close, maybe 1/16" off again, but no dice yet. So that probably means I'm about 17lbs off from MMS to choker now. That's weird because when I closed (once or twice) the calibrated 185lb #3.5 last year I think my max choked close was low 190s.

:mosherAwesome bud! :mosher There's an event in December out in OH that might suit your choker ability :whistel

Ben , awesome crushing power!!!

Just remember that when we do meet one day to be easy on the handshake!!!!

:mosherAwesome bud! :mosher There's an event in December out in OH that might suit your choker ability :whistel

Thanks Josh! I have that in the back of my head. Would love to make it out this year!