Monster Strap Good Mornings

anson

I've always gotten a lot of benefit from doing good mornings, when these are strong so are my my squats, Atlas stones, and pulls. Seems like all the top powerlifters & strongmen do GMs. Most of the videos on Elitefts.com show GMs done from the bottom position, some claim they're safer this way because you can properly position yourself before each rep, also I like movements you have to start from a dead stop. The problem was I didn't want to have to bother setting up a suspension system for my bar. Enter the Spud Monster Multi Strap- I discovered this reading Jonathan Creason's training log at Farmstrength.com.

My Monster Strap arrived Thursday and I used it yesterday, I love this thing! It's like a poor man's version of the super cambered bar, yet feels different from a cambered bar. The dynamic nature of the strap felt like it worked more stabilizer muscles. My low back, hams, & glutes are hammered. It rolls up small and can easily be taken into a commercial gym since few gyms have cambered bars/ suspension systems on the squat racks. For $50 it's one of the best pieces of strength equipment I've ever bought.

The only video I could find, but not very good, this guy has the strap too high on his neck, but you can get the basic idea. Here are

you can do with it. You need to put some small plates, live 5s, on the bar before putting the Monster Strap on, then you can load your 45s and everything will stay put.

That is a great idea and probably does an awsome job but i hate it when people rip you off!!

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_20668_20668

I don't think I'm being ripped off. The nylon strap you posted is not the same as the Monster strap, yours has much larger end loops. Also the Monster Strap has an anti wear material sewn onto the insides of the loops, since this is where most of the friction will be. Maybe you could get away with the industrial strap if you had a way to sew up the thick end loops to the correct size. But when it comes to a heavy spinal loading movement, I'm going to pay a few $ more and get something that's made for the job. Besides, I believe in supporting businesses like Spud, Sorinex, FBBC, PDA, Diesel Crew- these are the people who are innovating new products and ideas, stuff that I benefit from, so I owe them something in return.

I understand where your comming from and apologize for being negative. Good luck with all your training.