Am I Over Training?

Steel344

Hello everyone first post in a long time. I like browsing around reading good information but now finally I have posted. I have been latley at a sticking point trying to close the CoC #2 im about 2 millimeters away from closing it. I use to work with the grippers 3x a week but now 2x a week any help I will appreciate it my routine is as follows:

CoC Trainer 1x10

CoC #1 1x 10 second hold

CoC 1.5 1x2

CoC #2 choked 1x1

I wouldn't say your over training at all, maybe try a different routine.

Rico

Nope, I'd do just enough reps with the Trainer and #1 to warm up. And up the volume with singles on the #2 and get a #2.5 or higher and work in some negatives.

Hello everyone first post in a long time. I like browsing around reading good information but now finally I have posted. I have been latley at a sticking point trying to close the CoC #2 im about 2 millimeters away from closing it. I use to work with the grippers 3x a week but now 2x a week any help I will appreciate it my routine is as follows:

CoC Trainer 1x10

CoC #1 1x 10 second hold

CoC 1.5 1x2

CoC #2 choked 1x1

Where is the workout ? It's the warmup isn't it ?

I'am kidding of course ! :tongue

I don't know what you're doing besides grip training but in my opinion, it's not enough.

If you're on a 3 workouts a week scheme, may I suggest you this plan :

- Heavy day : after warmup, 5 negatives with #2.5 then 1X max of reps with #1 to finish the workout.

- Light day : after warmup, 5 X max of reps with #1.5. Don't stop when you cannot fully close the gripper. Do the max of reps even if gripper is not fully closed. Track the # of reps you do and force yourself to always do more reps.

- Medium day : after warmup, 10 X choker work with #2. Try to be explosive (read this article, it's a wonder : http://gripperstrength.wordpress.com/2008/05/07/choker-work-on-grippers/)

This is not THE way to conquer #2 but it may help.

Train hard

Edited by Joefrey

Well I use too work with the grippers 3x a week so I felt like I maybe doing to much with the number 2 working with it 3x times a week so I decided to kill a day so I can recover more. I have tried doing high reps,low reps and negatives but now im trying something new and that is the choker work. I have heard a lot of good things about it that it will actually help. Thanks guys for the reply and help.