Opinions On This Split

Mun

Hi all, im not sure which forum to put this under exactly but i thought it might fit in here? anyways just wanted to get your thoughts on my split. Got the exercises from Brooks Kubik's Dinosaur Training book, just not sure which days to put which lifts, will do grip work twice a week during the rest days. Just started dinosaur training this week, newbie here, trying to work the compound lifts mostly.

Day 1, Monday

Squat, Military Press (alternating with clean and jerk), Bentover row, Farmers Walk, Barbell Curl

Day 2 Thursday

Deadlift (alternating with Power Cleans), Bench press, Sandbag carry, Calf raises, Ab work

Doing 4 sets of 5 reps for all lifts, Farmers walk 1 set to failure. 1st set is light weight and keeps increasing till the 4th set which is my maximum weight. However, I'm pretty spent after my last set but I feel I have more endurance and maybe I should do the last 2 sets for 5 reps each with maximum weight instead of just the final set for max. weight. Recommendations?

That's a great program. I would do 2-3 warm up sets of 5 then 2-3 work sets to start with on the main exercises. Increase the weight if you get all 5 reps on each work set. As you improve you could then drop one of the work sets if necessary.