Getting On The Kta Program

Mun

I'm new to grip training, bin doing it for about three weeks now, i just closed the #1 for the first time this evening, i was planning on buying the KTA program after i had reached the #2 gripper, but i want to get results faster and read some reviews about it saying that some ppl wish they had started the KTA program much sooner and it would have saved them years of training. Am i able to start the program, what are everyone's thoughts? would love to hear

I think there is a lot of information that will help with respect to how to use the grippers in general including video clips. But, I would hold off on the actual program. RRBT was specifically designed to be a baseline program prior to KTA.

Just to back up what Bill said, I would hold off on KTA for awhile until you have better base strength built up. KTA is a great program when you have trained quite a bit and have reached a point that you are not making much head way. It is tough stuff and will beat you up pretty good too.

Congrats on the #1 close by the way! smile.gif

If I could throw in my 2 cents worth of opinion. I am on my 4th week of KTA and my hands are having a very hard time recuperating. They are stiff, sore etc... I would go with the RRBT program to condition my hands for the KTA program. I would have gone with RRBT but I did not know about it until a couple of days ago. I was not new to gripper training I would train every 2 days or so and could close the #2 gripper a few times. I am going to buy RRBT after I finish KTA and go through that program then I will do KTA again after my hands toughen up. Good job on the #1.

i think that KTA is more appropriate for the passage from #2-2,5 to a #3. Get the #2 close and then give a try to KTA. I am into RRBT, after this i will go for the KTA.

• 7 months later...

Thank you all, its such a grind building up grip strength, but will stick to it and see what kinda results i get after 6 months.

Mun, please let us know what kind of results you got. I am in same position than you were 6 months ago and I thought that RRBT program might be a good idea for me before I will try KTA. I got CoC #2 closed for the first attempt but I don't have any previous experience about grip training.

Thank you all, its such a grind building up grip strength, but will stick to it and see what kinda results i get after 6 months.

Mun, please let us know what kind of results you got. I am in same position than you were 6 months ago and I thought that RRBT program might be a good idea for me before I will try KTA. I got CoC #2 closed for the first attempt but I don't have any previous experience about grip training.

Good luck with KTA, it's a program that develops your overall toughness and gripper strength to a whole other level. The condition my hands got in has helped my overall grip. Went from my #2 to #3 :rock

• 1 month later...

I got the whole set of coc grippers, I just recently got the #2 handles to touch, but I've been using the 2.5 and 3 a lot to work my way. The thing is I'm a plumber and some days my hands get sore after working with tools all day, I feel as though it's slowing my progress down cuz I don't know how often I should be training. What are the basic theories to these training programs. And does anybody have an idea for how often I should be training? Cuz I'd really like to one day pound out 10 reps on the 3.5 coc, within the next year or two.

I got the whole set of coc grippers, I just recently got the #2 handles to touch, but I've been using the 2.5 and 3 a lot to work my way. The thing is I'm a plumber and some days my hands get sore after working with tools all day, I feel as though it's slowing my progress down cuz I don't know how often I should be training. What are the basic theories to these training programs. And does anybody have an idea for how often I should be training? Cuz I'd really like to one day pound out 10 reps on the 3.5 coc, within the next year or two.

Congrats on closing the CoC #2. Training frequency seems to be very individual based. From reading articles and the forum, some people train grip 5 days a week and others only 1 or 2 days. Start out with 1 or 2 days a week and go from there. If your hands recover and you can do more times per week, then add one more. Listen to your hands and body. Hope this helps and Good luck on getting the 10 reps on the CoC 3.5