Extensor Training

Mun

Ive bin working my extensors the past couple weeks by putting my hands in a 5gallon bucket of water and opening and closing my hands for 1:30 seconds, can anyone recommend any other good ways to work the extensors? i have the extensor bands but don't find they work so well for me

Ive bin working my extensors the past couple weeks by putting my hands in a 5gallon bucket of water and opening and closing my hands for 1:30 seconds, can anyone recommend any other good ways to work the extensors? i have the extensor bands but don't find they work so well for me

In degrees of resistance use dried peas, lentils, rice, sand.

I like to use my opposite hand as resistance between gripper sets for 3 or so reps.

thank you!! this is exactly what i was looking for because i tried sand and found it far too difficult, i couldn't move my fingers at all in their. Dried peas should be a good place to start, thanks a bunch!

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using bands for extensions and supersetting them with gripper work. I do extensions first to get a bit of a warmup in my hands, stretch then do a gripper set. Not only do I get a nice warmup this way but I'm also making sure that I get equal amount of work for extensions and gripping. Granted I'm doing higher reps/lighter weight than grippers but I don't feel that extensors need to be worked with as heavy of resistance. I've almost finished a 5lb. jug of Whey protein and will fill that with some kind of media to get some variation in extensor work.

• 3 months later...

I used to keep a bucket of rice in the basement. Thats how I found out there were a few mice lurking around. Mice have passed on now. I am sticking with rubber bands.

I go with a sand bucket, #8 rubber bands from Staples (sometimes doubled up), and 3 inch wide exercise band.

For the rubber bands, I go for sets of 20 to 50, rapid fire to get the entire back of the hand and forearm lit up.

I also do them as part of circuits. I got a video of one recently if you want to try it or something similar.

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=1ewea0wNmF0&feature=related

Hope this helps.

-Jedd-

pretty sweet routine you got there! i will try somethin similar, ive got a bucket of sand but cant open and close my hands in it yet, too much for me at the moment, jus bin using IM rubberbands recently and they're workin well. Thanks for sharing your video!

My personal favorites are Thumbless Axle reverse curls or work on my Forkulator and band extensions. Either IM bands, rubber bands or Broccoli bands will work for me. Sets of 50+ or so is pretty typical on the extensions for me as well.

- Aaron