Frequency Of Gripwork

Mun

I have bin doing 2-3 times a week with my grip training and i was wondering if i could increase it or is this a good amount of work as it is. I worked my grip yesterday and today my hands aren't sore, my forearms are a little bit tight but nothing else really, could i work out today or should i at least give it one day rest inbetween workouts? Thanks guys

Depends on your ability to recover and it depends on the training intensity. I now do my heavy Pr setting attempts on saturday...a light/medium day on wednesday and some various in between recovery sets on some of my days off (like a #1 or extensor bands). training helps you to know yourself better so i guess the best is to try to figure out what works for you. I tried many different routines that others suggested but they were not as good for me...one general rule is if you are weaker than you previous training you have not yet recovered...

I'd workout. I find even when I'm a little sore or stiff that goes away after a few warm up sets.

My experience is about the same as Alexis and I agree with his response. I've found I can train grip hard twice per week, with some recovery/prehab stuff in between. Although, heavy wrist work and isolated thumb work generally take me a full week to recover from. If I still have deep soreness 3 days after a workout, I consider myself overtrained and usually do my next workout at 50% intensity (deload).

hmm ya i agree with you guys, 2-3 times seems good, ive bin cautious not too do anymore, don't want to risk getting injured and be outta the game for a month or two if i could easily prevent it with an extra day or twos rest you know what i mean? I go hard those 2-3 days per week for about an hour per workout, how long do your guys' grip workouts usually last? would love to know if you don't mind

When i max out, my workouts are around 10-15 minutes at the most...if i start losing strength i stop and that's all you need. On my lighter day i do several #3 random closes all day. Basically one level down several times until i cant close it anymore...focusing on widening the set...and mucho thumb work. This system has worked the best for me so far.

When i max out, my workouts are around 10-15 minutes at the most...if i start losing strength i stop and that's all you need. On my lighter day i do several #3 random closes all day. Basically one level down several times until i cant close it anymore...focusing on widening the set...and mucho thumb work. This system has worked the best for me so far.

the #3 just for random closes? oh my, i can only do the trainer and about a half inch away from closing the 1 :| you = mucho grip strength.