• Konstantin Konstantinovs

• Brad Gillingham

• Ano Turtiainen

• Mikhail Koklyaev

• Chuck Vogelpohl

• Andrey Malanichev

• Brian Siders

Heaviest Deadlift Wins.

The best part? Last I read, and I haven't read everything on this, the organizers were thinking of the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, OH for the venue.

I am uncertain how many gents on the list have pulled 900+, but I know Brad Gillingham will pull 900 soon. His 400kg went up fast at the Arnold last year.

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

More info on RX. As per what I said there I'd like to see Loz on that list as I see him pulling 900 in 2011. Also I was sending tips to Andy's coach just this past week and Paul S and I helped Andy with grip info. Sweet.

Sumo should not be allowed at this competition. Neither should suits. Both of those would defile an event this wonderful.

The biggest problem to me is that this thing isn't coming until 2011 - like 14 months from now! Where is our instant gratification?? :)

Sumo should not be allowed at this competition. Neither should suits. Both of those would defile an event this wonderful.

BAH! NONSENSE! Argue argue argue, ad hominem attack, blah blah blah, babble, ramble ramble ramble and so forth.

I think Ano and Siders are the only ones of the bunch who pull Sumo anyway. The goal of this event is to break Andy's record, which was suited. Disallowing suits would certainly make doing so a bit more than unlikely.

I also don't think Andy would've issued the challenge if he didn't think he would be the one to break his record.

Suits shouldn't be allowed - sumo shouldn't be allowed - this shouldn't be allowed - that either - bah! Maybe this is why none of us got invited - well and the fact we can't pull 900# with a crane :). Like every strength contest on the planet these days - all us internet keyboard tough guys think we should have a say - I say bull hockey. Turn everyone loose - juice em up till they're really to blow and they glow in the dark - wrap em and strap em until they look like a mummy - super glue em to the bar and tell em they can't get loose until the keyboard jockeys are satisfied and the 13 year old warriors give em 3 white lights. The only thing I'd like to see is that they have it on the main stage at the Arnold so I can watch.

Suits shouldn't be allowed - sumo shouldn't be allowed - this shouldn't be allowed - that either - bah! Maybe this is why none of us got invited - well and the fact we can't pull 900# with a crane :). Like every strength contest on the planet these days - all us internet keyboard tough guys think we should have a say - I say bull hockey. Turn everyone loose - juice em up till they're really to blow and they glow in the dark - wrap em and strap em until they look like a mummy - super glue em to the bar and tell em they can't get loose until the keyboard jockeys are satisfied and the 13 year old warriors give em 3 white lights. The only thing I'd like to see is that they have it on the main stage at the Arnold so I can watch.

Excellent post. There are those in that group that may pull with a suit, some may not, some are clean, many are not. Honestly, I've heard from some very high ups in PL that juicing helps the bench a lot, squat to a moderate extent & very little on the dead. Same with supporting gear - the dead isn't helped all that much. Most on that list could be pulling 900+. While I personally don't think sumo is a deadlift, I would travel to watch this show regardless of what the guys wear, take or how they pull. This is the cream of the pulling world. None of the other PL lifts are a truer representation of power. There's no building of the tension by lowering the weight. Grab it & pull. This to me is the greatest PL meet ever. Too bad Coan couldn't be there in his top pulling form, too.

Edited by John Beatty

From time to time I like to post my opinions about things that are related to the Iron Game, sometimes in jest, sometimes whistfully, sometimes vociferously, but I don't expect my opinions to have more weight than the next guys.

I do, however, at all times reserve the right to care - and strongly at that.

That reads like my Mighty Mitts game plan. LOL :upsidedwn

When the time comes - we need to have a poll trying to predict what the combined total on the top ten guys will lift. 9000# ball park???

When the time comes - we need to have a poll trying to predict what the combined total on the top ten guys will lift. 9000# ball park???

If all of the competitors on that list show, and any 3 of the top 5 get all-time PRs 20-30lbs above what they have done, then I find it very difficult to believe the total will be less than 11k.

If all of the competitors on that list show, and any 3 of the top 5 get all-time PRs 20-30lbs above what they have done, then I find it very difficult to believe the total will be less than 11k.

11000# /top 10 guys = 1100# average - I don't see that happening - remember I said top ten, not all of them. I used ten because I couldn't predict how many might show.

11000# /top 10 guys = 1100# average - I don't see that happening - remember I said top ten, not all of them. I used ten because I couldn't predict how many might show.

Oh, whoops! I didn't read your post very carefully I guess :D Either way, it will be a crap-ton of weight.

I picked ten because I can do the math in my head to gt the "average" lift.