315 Max Reps On Dl..

BigJan85

Read about a tough workout where u deadlift 315 as many times as possible in a half hour. Did the workout tonight and got 81. I'm not sure if I've ever had a pump like this in my lower back. I think I'll test this every 2-3 months and see if I can hit 100 one of these days.

Edited by BigJan85

Read about a tough workout where u deadlift 315 as many times as possible in a half hour. Did the workout tonight and got 81. I'm not sure if I've ever had a pump like this in my lower back. I think I'll test this every 2-3 months and see if I can hit 100 one of these days.

:blink :blink ... That's gotta be one hell of a workout!!

Sadism. 81 is impressive bro - what was the biggest limiting factor for you? I'm not sure which would explode first: my heart, my lungs, L4-L5... or maybe my dinner

Sadism. 81 is impressive bro - what was the biggest limiting factor for you? I'm not sure which would explode first: my heart, my lungs, L4-L5... or maybe my dinner

Thanks man....the worst part about it had to be the intense burn in the lower back. It was something I dont think I've felt before. I was on a steady pace of 3 reps every first minute followed by 2 reps the next so essentially a 5 rep every 2 min pace then once I hit about 27 min I picked up the pace and thats were those few extra reps come in. I encourage you guys to try it out sometime. 315 is right about 60% of my max so you could adjust the weight accordingly.

I did 72 reps in under an hour for a photo shoot once (cover of the book "Powerlifting" by Barney Groves). That was a killer, 100 would be rough.

I did 72 reps in under an hour for a photo shoot once (cover of the book "Powerlifting" by Barney Groves). That was a killer, 100 would be rough.

I wouldn't be looking very photogenic after that, it'd look mostly like me kneeling over a bucket. I pulled up that book cover on Amazon and it looks like you're actually smiling a little, you sicko.

I just realized you did that in a half hour, not an hour, holy crap! I'll have to give it a try, maybe next week.

I wouldn't be looking very photogenic after that, it'd look mostly like me kneeling over a bucket. I pulled up that book cover on Amazon and it looks like you're actually smiling a little, you sicko.

I wasn't smiling, maybe a grimace at best. The shot they used was towards the end of the 72. The first 24 were from the front, the next 24 at an angle, then the last from the side.

We cannot judge what can be done here because a strong 700# deadlifter (for example) who never does high reps, tries repping 315# and needs a long time to complete many reps. Watch this video:

I didn't count the reps, but I'm sure it was at least 60+ reps in 4 minutes. And I don't think Josh can DL 600# for a single, he weighs about 185# and I think I once read he DL's 560 or so. He's a beast though, and very good at the oly lifts.

Different training methods for different results, and they don't mean one has a huge 1RM or translate to a huge 1RM. :)

Different training methods for different results, and they don't mean one has a huge 1RM or translate to a huge 1RM. :)

No one said this has any correlation to 1RM.

We cannot judge what can be done here because a strong 700# deadlifter (for example) who never does high reps, tries repping 315# and needs a long time to complete many reps. Watch this video:

I didn't count the reps, but I'm sure it was at least 60+ reps in 4 minutes. And I don't think Josh can DL 600# for a single, he weighs about 185# and I think I once read he DL's 560 or so. He's a beast though, and very good at the oly lifts.

Wow thats some pretty crazy speed on those tabata deads. His heart had to be beating out of his chest.

I think its important to mention that when I did this I didn't use the touch and go method to allow any "bouncing" of the weight and I lowered each rep in a controlled manner which made me really appreciate the eccentric part of the deadlift haha.

I was searching around on some different forums and someone over at dragondoor said he did 154 reps. He pulled sumo an I'm not sure if he bounced or not but either way thats very impressive and makes me look horrible.

Tomorrow is my birthday, and my deadlift day, so I'm looking to set some sort of PR. Can't go for max weight yet with my healing bicep tendon, so I might try this.

Brent.

Guest Bullitt

Tomorrow is my birthday, and my deadlift day, so I'm looking to set some sort of PR. Can't go for max weight yet with my healing bicep tendon, so I might try this.

Brent.

I'm pretty sure it will become max weight at some point in this masochistic exercise big guy. :tongue Happy Birthday Brent!

You do have a point Mike! I will think of some mindless feat to mark the occasion...

As I posted in the birthday thread, I did 44 reps with 315 (first 11 were D.O.) followed by 44 pullups. Also did bent over rows, pulldowns and curls.

Brent.

I thought Birthdays were supposed to be FUN :yikes Happy Birthday!

Thanks guys. Remind me not to do this next year. I felt great initially after doing it, but the soreness has been epic since. It is a good soreness, but made skating with the kids very painful on the weekend!

Did the 315 x 100 reps in 29 min 3 sec before work today. Did 10 sets 10 reps, first 7 sets every 3 min, gave myself an extra min on the last 3 sets. Plenty of cardio in that 100. Getting tight in the hips & feel fatigue in the low back. Will do it again, maybe try 365. Getting to 400 x 100 will be the goal. Seems fun now, but the last couple sets I was still huffing & puffing pretty hard.

Did the 315 x 100 reps in 29 min 3 sec before work today. Did 10 sets 10 reps, first 7 sets every 3 min, gave myself an extra min on the last 3 sets. Plenty of cardio in that 100. Getting tight in the hips & feel fatigue in the low back. Will do it again, maybe try 365. Getting to 400 x 100 will be the goal. Seems fun now, but the last couple sets I was still huffing & puffing pretty hard.

Wow nice job John...u whooped me on that one. I'll have to kick it up a notch next time I do this challenge I guess.

I'm thinking maybe a run to most reps in an hour after a month or two to get used to this. Goal of 200.

Tried the squat version of this. 325 x 87 in 30 min. My legs feel swollen & the soreness is substantial - only quads are sore, though. Different from my normal sore from squats feel.