Pl Meet Over The Weekend

John Beatty

A little disappointed overall, but ok for the first one in 10 years or so. Wasn't paying close attention in warmups on the squat, and saw 5 plates, so thought I'd knock out my last w/u. No wraps, straps down on my crappy warmup suit & realized about 1/3 of the way up that there were 100's on the inside, and my easy 495 was 605. Had to have it assisted up. Dropped my opener a little, got all 3 squats for 638. Lifted my hips a little on bench 1, so re took my opener & got it, then got 439 (easily). Had 15-20 more I'm sure. Happy with that since I hadn't paused (long) in years. Deads were a big let down. The crap suit (my Metal was a horrible fit & had to go back) was pulling me out of line, and I had my hips WAY up on pull 1. Still went easy. #2 650, got my hips in place & pulled it easy. Made a big jump to 710, felt like it would go if I got my hips & back straight. Didn't. Came up about 3" & stopped. 1730ish total. So just ok. Changing training & will have Metal suit fit properly for the next one, but debating nats this year.

Edited by John Beatty

Thanks, guys. It was the 275's, but I weighed in at 250, with jeans, shoes, wallet & car keys on me. I don't diet. Ever.

Thanks, guys. It was the 275's, but I weighed in at 250, with jeans, shoes, wallet & car keys on me. I don't diet. Ever.

I seem to have the same issue with diet John! HAHA...... I would like to drop about 12 lbs though...

I think the thing that kinda bothered me was I've squatted & DL'd more than those numbers with just a belt & wraps on the squat & belt & chalk on the DL. And only benched 10lbs less in a T shirt.

Edited by John Beatty