Parris(rico300zx) 400x21 Box Squat

naturalstrength

I totally missed this incredible feat displayed by Parris("rico300zx") in the recent Joe Kinney thread. I think many of you did too so I believe it deserves a proper post. Incredible display of strength Parrisbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif (The #4 CoC was also impressive-hahahaha!!!biggrin.giflaugh.gifwink.gifwink.gif )

Edited by naturalstrength

As soon as the paint dries on my wooden 45 pound plates, I'm gonna put Rico to shame.

Brent C.

Carl!

thanks bro :tongue , you know all this talk was getting me all excited last night i think i did that at like 12:30 last night, it was susposed to be like a joke with the #4 at the end, so i figured id have some fun with it since i knew there was no way i was getting 60. (even it they were made of wood Brent) thanks for the support :mosher i also wanted to say i really like seeing our own guys doing feats of strength not many here claim to be powerlifters but i know you guys are strong because i follow the contests results all the time. and also to say that the squat is a very important exersize that really helps me with my grip i dont know how but im telling you guys it does. Thats the one thing that i do agree with Joe Kinney about.

thanks again Carl!

Parris

jeeeez and you weren't even that winded after the set... :bow i guess you could do 405x20 like Marunde in no time at all if you tried.

That was really STRONG Parris! :bow

I didn't mean to get you all riled up but who knows it may

have done some good. :D

I agree about the squats. I wish I would have started doing them

years ago.

Nice work! Especially impressive was how solid your back was through 20 reps, you had more in you.

Congrats also on your number 1 dad title, that's more impressive to me than the 4 close :upsidedwn

Nice work! Especially impressive was how solid your back was through 20 reps, you had more in you.

Congrats also on your number 1 dad title, that's more impressive to me than the 4 close :upsidedwn

Thanks! Yes I did have a lot more, if I wanted to maby I could have gotten 30 with som deep breathing, but I had done squats the day before and I didn't want to push it to much, I was just having fun.

Yea the kids are a big part of my life when theyre/ I'm older I guess ill be able to get to some of these grip comps!

Parris

You barely looked winded on the last reps. Definitely more in the tank, buddy :rock

you had 30 reps at least, probably more!

I need to get back into squats again :blush

Hahahaha, I'm not meaning to start crap, but those looked a touch on the shallow side. I can't see the depth for sure though.

Hahahaha, I'm not meaning to start crap, but those looked a touch on the shallow side. I can't see the depth for sure though.

Bob, I know that and I think everone else does too, I hope. It was the "feat" not the quality I was shooting for. Like I said it was more for fun on my part and only in response to the recent kinney thread. What I'm saying is even if you were doing half a squat 440 x 60 seems quite impossible to me.

Rico

Cool, I didn't mean to be a jerk. Your front squats were awesome also.

Thanks Bob, yea the front squats are something special. I'm glad you saw that, no belt either. I'm not as strong as some of the young guys on the board, I just try to keep up.

Note to the young guys: stick with it and play it safe. Injuries are a learning exp. But very costly. Be around for the long haul. Its a lifestyle your after. Not just a PR

Rico

• 1 month later...

Bob, I know that and I think everone else does too, I hope. It was the "feat" not the quality I was shooting for. Like I said it was more for fun on my part and only in response to the recent kinney thread. What I'm saying is even if you were doing half a squat 440 x 60 seems quite impossible to me.

Rico

Parris, have you seen Kinney's setup? I don't think he'd argue with you.

kinneyflvsnapshot002320.jpg

Very funny video :)

Concerned kinney photo,

1.apparently he is using strange bar, just look what he is grasping - a second bar which is obviously serving for some controling or for keeping back stright...

2.bar is thin but it is almost not bending.

3.I have been building cement weights like this and this on picture is surely about 200kg(440).

4.He is in paralel position but there is no strain on his face, which means that this is for him very very light.

If it is not photoshop i would say that he can do many times with this weight.

Well assuming it's one of the lightest density concretes (1750kg/m^3) you would need roughly 9" width and 22" diameter for each of those disks and then consider the bar on top of that. Looks about right to me, I'm not saying anything about how many reps he can do though.

I would predict that safety squatting with arm handles on a tree is about the equivalent of closing grippers with both hands at the same time.

Thought for a while why he would squat this way, and then it occurred to me...if he lifted to failure with a 440 lb. fixed barbell, what gorilla is gonna re-rack that weight? Or power clean a safety squat bar!

Edited by B'dole

having just bought a Safety squat bar and using it the way he is in this photo for a week.

wow....huge difference. Feels great!

I can see why he would want to.

Why do the safety squat bars have that jog in the end where the weights go? I don't understand that design element.

Weldon, ever since seeing that photo, I have thought his set-up is more like a "vertical leg press". Essentially that a lot of the upright stability issues are removed and you're really just pushing with your legs. Any truth to that?

Why do the safety squat bars have that jog in the end where the weights go? I don't understand that design element.

Weldon, ever since seeing that photo, I have thought his set-up is more like a "vertical leg press". Essentially that a lot of the upright stability issues are removed and you're really just pushing with your legs. Any truth to that?

the kink in the bar is so that the weights sits where it would for a back squat. at the gym I go to they have one of those and a straight one. the straight one is much more like a front squat.

the kink in the bar is so that the weights sits where it would for a back squat. at the gym I go to they have one of those and a straight one. the straight one is much more like a front squat.

Ahhh! Duh. rolleyes.gif

Thanks Brent.