Tetting Gripper Timeline

Tim71

I was reading this old thread:

My link

and wondering if we could do the same for Tetting's grippers. He's made so many changes including wire sizes for some grippers so I thought maybe we could piece it together.

Anybody want to start with any facts?

Current Thor grippers:

Beginner .225

Advanced .235

Super Advanced .250

Master .262

Super Master .273

Grand Master .281

Elite .295

Super Elite .306

Grand Elite .312

Pro .331

World Class .345

Galaxy .394

Super Galaxy .437

Universe .502

I know he's also made .375 spring grippers as well as .362 or .363. The .362 at some point was named Constellation, and the .375 was at some point named Galaxy but another board member has a super Galaxy that was .362 and a galaxy that was .353.

I have a Galaxy that's .394 that has the older heavy Bevel handles.

Anybody add any more?

Tim

• Like 1

The first grippers he had out were with chrome springs. My elite has a .293 spring size I think. Josh took some calipers to it.

Tim,

I used the internet archive to check out the old Weightlifter's Warehouse pages. Kinda showed how his stuff changed over time.

Bob,

I used wayback to look at the website also. Neat stuff.

Does your chrome spring gripper have steel or aluminum handles?

Later,

Tim

Wow I didn't know they were ever made like that. Do you know the time that he made grippers like that?

Tim

• 1 year later...

Somebody knows what diameter of spring at gripper Warren Tetting Т14 for 1800 pounds?

Whether also it is possible such to get somewhere now? Somebody can sells?

Somebody knows what diameter of spring at gripper Warren Tetting Т14 for 1800 pounds?

Approximately 0.500.

But T14 1500 pounds.

• 2 weeks later...

here is a link that has the Beast with a .6" spring. My link

I have a T13 with a .5" spring rated at 1500lb.

I contacted Warren Tetting today to see if I can get a T14. It can be specially made. Warren couldn't tell me a price because he has to contact the man who makes his springs. The Beast T14 uses a 9/16 inch spring and he has none in stock. The last one he made was $125 but he says the spring will cost more so he will check out the price of the spring and let me know a new price (It will be more than $125). You can call him (the # is on this site under frequently asked questions) I'm sure he can make one for you too.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Warren has changed the specs and naming many times. There have been 3 variations of the Beast T14 gripper. Well let's start here.

The first Tetting gripper with a .5 inch spring was called the Celestial and you had to order direct from him and was $125.00. Very soon after the same gripper was offered as the Universe at WW then very soon as the 1800 pound Beast T14. Later, the coil side (not wire size) was changed as mentioned here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080720071009/http://www.nutritiongeeks.com/hand-gripper-t14/hand-gripper.html

If you read the small print it mentions the rating change.

Now, the third variation is the .6 spring or maybe it's a 9/16 gripper. Haven't seen one yet and one can assume that the Super Universe is the same thing.

The T13 is probably the .5 spring gripper now I'm guessing and the 870 pound T13 is the same 7/16 inch spring gripper that was the Super Galaxy which a couple years ago Warren told me that would be the first to go.

There have been Galaxy grippers with both .375 and .394 spring sizes so Warren is not overly sentimental with his naming designations.

Hope this helps.