Extreme Deadlifting

The Natural

Guest Bullitt

Trip to the dentist and probably needed that nose set afterward as well. That looked like a bad spill. Best part was his buddy laughing at him when it happened. No concern, just laughing at his buddy diving face first into a rack of steel. :laugh

I would kick my buddies a§§ if he would film me preparing myself for a surgical treatment (laughing is ok!)! :online

new favorite for YT!

Hold your breath on a baby pull + severe spinal flexion + face plant. Sounds very extreme to me. A little too extreme for me :whistel

I guess I miss the whole point of all the videoing in the gym that seems so common now - I thought you went there to workout. And any "friend" that would post that is no friend at all. A friend would have been too busy trying to help you.

Edited by climber511

He's body will adapt, it will develop a better cardiovascular system or a thicker cranium.

I guess I miss the whole point of all the videoing in the gym that seems so common now - I thought you went there to workout. And any "friend" that would post that is no friend at all. A friend would have been too busy trying to help you.

I like to video my squats so I can view my form. I also like to video some of the bigger lifts that I do so my family can have some appreciation of all the time I spend away from them, training with a bunch of unsavory characters. I think it's all in how you perceive your own videos. I know guys who can't lift shit, and film every workout, but their videos don't bother me because they're just using the videos to improve technique, chart their progress, etc. They have no interest in showing off. Then you've got guys like Derek Poundstone and Konstantinovs who are clearly showing off in their videos, but it's okay because they're doing something that's worth bragging about. What pisses me off are the guys who post videos with titles like "250x10 Bench Press" and think that they're videos should appear on powerliftingwatch.com

Edited by The Natural

I video mine for my own reference. I train alone so it is useful to see if my form is going for a dump. Also if my wife finds me dead in the garage one day there will be a record of what stupid stunt killed me. I share the vids with people for critique only since I rarely have a lift to brag about.

Brent.

Guest Bullitt

I film my weak squats and deads to check out my technique and get feedback. It has really helped. I film my vbar attempts when going for a PR, so I can send it off to John for the FBBC certs. I also film every max gripper close (but I don't post all these) so I can see if it actually closed, see if I'm keeping the gripper in the right spot on my hand, was the set parallel, and for practice for the Mash Monster cert videos.

Until I filmed my squats, I actually thought I was doing OK. HAHAHAHA :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

I video mine for my own reference. I train alone so it is useful to see if my form is going for a dump. Also if my wife finds me dead in the garage one day there will be a record of what stupid stunt killed me. I share the vids with people for critique only since I rarely have a lift to brag about.

Brent.

good idea and I do the same for "my" reference and to get pointers from others that have more experience than me.... throat clear....... Mike :mosher

:mosher ..... Pretty stinkin funny; however, in my line of work I have seen many spinal cord injuries from this exact type of fall.

• 3 months later...