Kettlebells

BigJan85

I'm planning on getting a kettlebell very soon here and I've been lookin at some different brands and I was pretty set on the bells from dragon door and then today I talked to my friends husband and he was tellin me he started with dragon door but then switched to kbells from undergroundcorefitness.....I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with both and could tell me which they prefer.

if your uk based check out london kettlebells. i got my bells from them around 4 years ago - got 8,12,16,24,32 kg. very helpful guys too!

go for bigger handle, non-competition style (Unless you want to enter comps)

most bells i've come across are super solid - some have better finish, different paints etc, but it's basically a lump of pig iron with a handle.

you won't regret buying some quality bells my friend! they WILL outlast you and your'e grandkids!

Check out Art of strengths brand, just picked up a 32kg bell and am very pleased. good finish, drilled and tapped hole on the bottom for additional add on weight and made in the usa.... perfect

Ship

We just got a bunch of new Cap KBs and they're pretty nice. The handles aren't huge and they're slick though, but the castings are perfect. No ridges in the handle...nothing. Only time will tell how they hold up to the beating they'll get.

I have a set of the AKC steel bells and really like them.

Another vote for the Pro Style bells. AKC has a sale on right now and Perform Better and probably some others carry them by now as well.

Anyone know the best place to get KB's if you live in Canada?

Where are you in Canada? The AKC is in Cincinnati and driving them across has never been a problem.

Where are you in Canada? The AKC is in Cincinnati and driving them across has never been a problem.

Newfoundland. So it's going to have to be shipped. But if driving across and shipping from Canada is cheaper (and they'll actually do it), that would be a pretty cool thing.

My vote would be for Dragon Door. Most of mine are from there except my wide handle one that i use for 2 hand swings. I have tried a couple of others but they just did not feel as balanced to me as DD bells BUT in the last couple of years there are better looking bells on the market. You really need to get your hands on the different manufactures to tell what fits you the best.

Also does anyone know anything about these suppliers?

http://www.agatsu.co...roduct_list&c=3 (The men's light KB package doesn't look too bad)

and

http://www.shop.extr...tlebells_c2.htm (Looks like it has good weights to start off with)

I've got some Agatsu and I like them. I've been looking at getting some Ader bells for the heavier ones. My 90#ers are TDS (I think) but the handles are to narrow for my liking. Try to find a weight and fitness supply store that sells to the gyms and schools. You might get a better deal than the stores that cater more to an elliptical and swiss ball crowd.

Newfoundland. So it's going to have to be shipped. But if driving across and shipping from Canada is cheaper (and they'll actually do it), that would be a pretty cool thing.

Got mine from http://canadiankettlebells.com/. Not sure what it would cost to ship to the Rock. Nice thick handles. I've beat the hell out of them & still no damage.

Just make sure you advise them if you want the smooth or rough finish.

Got mine from http://canadiankettlebells.com/. Not sure what it would cost to ship to the Rock. Nice thick handles. I've beat the hell out of them & still no damage.

Just make sure you advise them if you want the smooth or rough finish.

Damn, shipping pretty much doubles the cost.

On the topic of kettlebells, can anyone recommend a starting program with kettlebells? I have a full complement at my educational institute and wouldn't mind giving them a go.

• 3 weeks later...

check out youtube, save yourself some money and find the craziest stuff done w/ kb"s the cooliest thing about kb's is how creative u can be. Find some vid's and you'll get motivated

and if i can throw in my 2 cents..go w/ dragondoor they got great lookin, strong bells.