Reeves Deadlift

bencrush

352lb Reeves Deadlift

Pulled 352lbs this morning for a large increase over my last pull of 308lbs done last week. Named after the photo of Steve Reeves doing a deadlift with about 400lbs and holding the weight by the lips on the plates. The plates are turned outwards and the collars are left off - according to the USAWA rules.

I'll put any new PRs in this thread but won't keep track of any workouts here because I'm working on some other USAWA lifts too.

If anyone else wants to throw their Reeves Deadlift PRs, workouts, etc in here - feel free! The more the merrier. There are a bunch of guys here who could push me very hard and some who will eclipse me in their first attempt on the Reeves Deadlift.

Ben - any rules on the plates used - deep dish - "normal" 45s etc.

Ben - any rules on the plates used - deep dish - "normal" 45s etc.

No restrictions, as long as it's a mass-produced plate. My plates have pretty deep lips on them. Did give it a shot at a friend's house (not the same weight) and it didn't feel much worse with smaller lips though.

Nice lift, Ben. Looked effortless for you. :mosher

I've tried this but with 80 kg a month ago or something like that.It is great for the finger strength.Btw awesome lift dude :rock

We did this at the MGC, but with a trap bar, and holds off blocks. We used 335 pounds or 195 pounds (if you could do 335).

I might give this a try at the gripmas afterparty.

I've tried this but with 80 kg a month ago or something like that.It is great for the finger strength.Btw awesome lift dude :rock

We did this at the MGC, but with a trap bar, and holds off blocks. We used 335 pounds or 195 pounds (if you could do 335).

I might give this a try at the gripmas afterparty.

that sounds like a plan bob. lets do it.

I figure I'll be lucky to stay awake at the after show - but I'll try it anyway with you guys.