Weaver Stick Lift:

IronWolverine1973

Great, The damage is done, Rex's ego has just grown even more :yikes

I just wish he would come to Gripmas so i can beat him a the sledge event there :D

Be nice with yoyr responses Rex, so this thread soes not get locked :laugh

Rex is afraid of you Mike!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IronWolverine1973

• The Hack

• f31roger

• Paul Knight

Rex's laugh in that video then "You cant beat me".. made me laugh. Not in a bad way, but just how he said it.

again, I'm impressed with alot of shit I find.

He about 300 pounds I weight 175.

When I done that,I didn't used my full power.

Rex's laugh in that video then "You cant beat me".. made me laugh. Not in a bad way, but just how he said it.

again, I'm impressed with alot of shit I find.

Me too! It sounded like a mad grip-scientist! :)

Well I be rex protege

Great, The damage is done, Rex's ego has just grown even more :yikes

I just wish he would come to Gripmas so i can beat him a the sledge event there :D

Be nice with yoyr responses Rex, so this thread soes not get locked :laugh

He that cocky? I hope you do your best in your competition.

Physical Specimen,

How much can you lift with a standard sledgehammer????

Dont know! I am new to all this type of lifting.

Physical Specimen,

I know you do alot of body weight exercises and alot of them are pretty good too.

As for the sledgehammer training and grip training in general, its also just as fascinating to me too.

You're pretty strong, so you'll do good too.

Physical Specimen,

I know you do alot of body weight exercises and alot of them are pretty good too.

As for the sledgehammer training and grip training in general, its also just as fascinating to me too.

You're pretty strong, so you'll do good too.

thanks I see that odin is in my weight class,He a powerful guy.

That was a great feat. I do have to note that John Grimek lifted 11 lb forward grip on a Weaver stick that was 42" long with the hand 36" away from the weight lifted. 36 x 11 = 396 inch pounds. Also note on that 31" hammer--great as it was I'm not sure that his hand was 31" from the weight. I can't do it and it's still a great feat but the Weaver stick is what it is.

I got a broom handle, I'm making one of these up tommorow how long is the string and what type of official starting position is there and where is the white light? I need to find out if I'm strong in this lift or a big wus.

Rico

Edited by rico300zx

Guest Bullitt

I got a broom handle, I'm making one of these up tommorow how long is the string and what type of official starting position is there and where is the white light? I need to find out if I'm strong in this lift or a big wus.

Rico

Obtain a mop handle, about one inch in diameter, and saw it to a length of 42 inches. Half an inch from one end cut a notch. Exactly 36 inches from the center of the notch, circle the stick with a line. I suggest you cut a knifeline, which you can then ink with a pen. Get two metal right-angles at a hardware store, and screw them into the top and bottom sides of the stick so that the rear edges of the right-angles come exactly to the inked knifeline. (The top side of the stick is the side where the notch is cut.) If one angle has one screw-hole, and the other angle has two screw-holes, the screws will not conflict. You can shave the top and bottom of the stick a little with a knife at these places to make a flatter base for the angle. This leaves a “handle” just 5½ inches long, which you can tape to a thickness that suits your hand and affords a good grip. A reference to the photos should make the above details clear.

It is important that the following rules be observed. The stick must be lifted parallel to the floor, and not with the weighted end tilted downward. Above all, the stick must be lifted straight up from the chair; there must be no rocking of the stick on the chair before lifting. The lifting hand and arm must remain free of the body. And the heel of the hand must remain on top of the stick; if the hand twists around under the stick the lift is no good and cannot be counted. The stick, when lifted, need not be held for any length of time, but it must be clearly lifted free of the stool (an inch is enough) and held in control (one second is enough).

two.jpgone.jpg

And yes, to be legal, you have to wear a speedo as shown in the picture. :trout

Rico

Obtain a mop handle, about one inch in diameter, and saw it to a length of 42 inches. Half an inch from one end cut a notch. Exactly 36 inches from the center of the notch, circle the stick with a line. I suggest you cut a knifeline, which you can then ink with a pen. Get two metal right-angles at a hardware store, and screw them into the top and bottom sides of the stick so that the rear edges of the right-angles come exactly to the inked knifeline. (The top side of the stick is the side where the notch is cut.) If one angle has one screw-hole, and the other angle has two screw-holes, the screws will not conflict. You can shave the top and bottom of the stick a little with a knife at these places to make a flatter base for the angle. This leaves a handle just 5½ inches long, which you can tape to a thickness that suits your hand and affords a good grip. A reference to the photos should make the above details clear.

It is important that the following rules be observed. The stick must be lifted parallel to the floor, and not with the weighted end tilted downward. Above all, the stick must be lifted straight up from the chair; there must be no rocking of the stick on the chair before lifting. The lifting hand and arm must remain free of the body. And the heel of the hand must remain on top of the stick; if the hand twists around under the stick the lift is no good and cannot be counted. The stick, when lifted, need not be held for any length of time, but it must be clearly lifted free of the stool (an inch is enough) and held in control (one second is enough).

two.jpgone.jpg

And yes, to be legal, you have to wear a speedo as shown in the picture. :trout

I pass on the speedo lol :laugh

Edited by Physical Specimen

That's the only thing I wear, so I'm golden.

You are the golden child lol

Pics?

:flame BURNT GOLDEN

Pics?

I gots to get paid!

I feel ya! How long you been working on bending?