Sledge Hammer

tusrb41

Anyone have a sledge hammer workout to share? I need to mix things up a bit.

Thanks!

Are you talking about a tire-pounding type workout or a levering type workout?

Are you talking about a tire-pounding type workout or a levering type workout?

Levering type workout. Thanks.

i always mix mine-up, simply measuring on time & weight eg: 3mins fooling around with 7lb

typical mix:

controlled swings (no impact) - overhead / diagonal / 1-handed / golf-style / baseball-style / shovelling

levers - front (from ground upwards) / nose (from vertical to face) / front-nose / rear / side (choked down)

penny 'rex style' deadlift

tossing

rotations - hammer head up / down

finger walks

I have several hammers ranging from 7-22lb pound. as you'll see from my blog, i tend to keep things light. i have no interest in a single sloppy form pr! hammers are also a key warm-up tool for me.

best of luck

I usually just warm myself up pretty good with some light levers to face and then go full bore. Pronation and supination for maximum inch/lbs and heavy strict levers. I like to play with front levers and slim levers every now and then too.

I do all that but I keep mine in the garage , after I put the kids in the car and do sledgeing then wile waiting for her. She vacumes before we go out for like 10 or 15 min, so its just enough time, I also keep some pinch things there too.

Rico

i always mix mine-up, simply measuring on time & weight eg: 3mins fooling around with 7lb

typical mix:

controlled swings (no impact) - overhead / diagonal / 1-handed / golf-style / baseball-style / shovelling

levers - front (from ground upwards) / nose (from vertical to face) / front-nose / rear / side (choked down)

tossing

finger walks

I have several hammers ranging from 7-22lb pound. as you'll see from my blog, i tend to keep things light. i have no interest in a single sloppy form pr! hammers are also a key warm-up tool for me.

best of luck

OK got it all but the finger walks. Can you elaborate on what they are?

OK got it all but the finger walks. Can you elaborate on what they are?

Paul did this video for me several months back.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=paulknight3#p/u/23/W6OoY11I7Nw

and my reply:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG0nqpLbGwM&feature=response_watch

Michael

Edited by mwhities

typical mix:

tossing

finger walks

best of luck

Did this routine last night and my forearms are really sore. Great workout....I will do this once a week for sure.