My Shout Outs To The Gripboard.

f31roger

whats up everyone.

I aint hardcore like many on here, but my inspiration and information from alot of the guys here have made me up my workout by doing some grip training.

I got a couple of videos where I mention grip training and shout out the gripboard, but dont have any workouts.. this vid has some of the exercises I do.

Not bad homie! I noticed you could do a couple things in addition to your workout. Instead of finger curling the 45s put 4 of them on a bar and finger curl them wile standing not walking. Also seems like you dig the farmers walk. You can get a set for about $100 or use two 100lb dumbells at your gym when your walking around instead of the 60s to start. Also try one hand pinching 2 plates smooth side out like a deadlift. You look stronger than your vid was showing. So up your weights as your grip gets stronger, I can see your motivated so stick with it, good job.

Rico

Not bad homie! I noticed you could do a couple things in addition to your workout. Instead of finger curling the 45s put 4 of them on a bar and finger curl them wile standing not walking. Also seems like you dig the farmers walk. You can get a set for about $100 or use two 100lb dumbells at your gym when your walking around instead of the 60s to start. Also try one hand pinching 2 plates smooth side out like a deadlift. You look stronger than your vid was showing. So up your weights as your grip gets stronger, I can see your motivated so stick with it, good job.

Rico

Thanks Rico, I will sub and add as a friend on youtube.

I'm definitely a beginner to grip training, but its very functional and overlooked.

Everytime I do the routine at the gym, I get people looking over at me wondering what I am doing.

Since this is the 7th time I did the routine, I plan on learning more. As you see, I dont have powder, so I'm fighting the natural oil/sweat from my hands.

As with all the weight training I'm doing, I set like a specific goal and just maintain that for a bit. Until I feel stronger. for instance, gripping dumbells. I started at 17.5 lbs, and have kept that. I've tried 20 lbs, but my fingers slip too much.

As for the farmers walk, I will try to do 100 lbs. With the 60 lbs, I can walk from wall to wall (across gym) and did it 4 times before my hands felt like giving up. But again, that is like my standard for that exercise.

I appreciate all that you have said. I dont know everything about grip training, but am amazed by it and the community that is around this type of training.

any more exercises are greatly welcomed. Like I said, I'm trying to build my grip (open and closed), my wrist, my fingers/hand, and my forearms when I do this.

• 3 weeks later...

Rico

I tried what you said. Instead of 100 lbs, I did 90lbs and was okay with it. That damn near killed my grip.

I've been doing my training on Tues and Thursdays, which on my P90X calendar is Plyometrics (Tues) and Yoga X (Thurs). On Saturdays, I do some upperbody weight training on monkey bars and shit like that.

Recent grip training vid: (pls excuse my happiness, I've been high on my workouts as of late)

90lbs half ass walk

some playground grip stuff

I'm gonna order the CoC #1 and the IMTUG #3 to get started on that as well as Sledgehammer. I feel the 10 lbs is harsh for me right now, but might do some of the "workouts" at the store. I want a weight that I can do finger walks on as well.

I dont know what my goals are yet, I dont think I can get up with the CoC 3 or even bend some of these nails.. but I hope to work it to that point down the line. My whole thing was to supplement my training and for indoor climbing with the campus board. But seeing alot of the cool shit on here has made me wanna do other things.

Edited by f31roger

90.....there's some guys here doin over 300lb a hand!

Rico

Rico

yeah, I aint that strong!!! That's pretty damn good... seeing some crazy lifts on here and youtube. Props to them.. I aint no where near that or what not.. I'm on the bottom.

Rico

yeah, I aint that strong!!! That's pretty damn good... seeing some crazy lifts on here and youtube. Props to them.. I aint no where near that or what not.. I'm on the bottom.

with the determination that you have you'll be on the top soon. Keep up the good work

I like your videos

Like Paul said. Everyone starts somewhere and there's always someone stronger anyways. You'll just be able to look back and see how much further you've gone when you start hitting some of those bigger milestones.

Guest Bullitt

Ditto! The gains will come fast with your work ethic. I was looking back at my posts from when I first joined the board back in March. The hardest gripper I had ever closed was an HG250, and I had never tried pinch, fatbar, vbar, or blockweights of any kind. The gains have been pretty good in that short of time. And I'm way old bro. ;)

Don't sell yourself short. You could find yourself on the top of the heap in a very short time. It just takes hard work, a plan, and dedication. :mosher

Thanks guys, I've added you guys on youtube. I havent had a chance to see all the videos, but I will tonight.

Rico

with the determination that you have you'll be on the top soon. Keep up the good work

I like your videos

Thanks man... I dont have grip feats like you do, but I hope to just start some serious grip training. I just ordered a CoC 1 and IMTUG 3 to start off.

Like Paul said. Everyone starts somewhere and there's always someone stronger anyways. You'll just be able to look back and see how much further you've gone when you start hitting some of those bigger milestones.

Truth is, I'm never in competition with anyone else. I just try to learn and go from there. I started to do the Youtube vids for accountability for the other fitness/work outs I got going on. and like you said, looking back to see how things have changed is what I hope to see.

Ditto! The gains will come fast with your work ethic. I was looking back at my posts from when I first joined the board back in March. The hardest gripper I had ever closed was an HG250, and I had never tried pinch, fatbar, vbar, or blockweights of any kind. The gains have been pretty good in that short of time. And I'm way old bro. ;)

Don't sell yourself short. You could find yourself on the top of the heap in a very short time. It just takes hard work, a plan, and dedication. :mosher

All this is really new to me and I'm just trying to pick up enough to train with. At first, I wasnt really gonna go hard with the grip training, until I saw how alot of people on here do amazing stuff. I dont think I'll get up there (I'm not that strong) but I want to get at a point where I'm happy with my grip.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my CoC 1 and was able to barely... barely... struggle...tap it... still cant hold it. I'm also learning how to set it right. Its nothing big to brag about.. just doing it made me happy. I've been humbled by it and now I must be able to hold it as well as rep it a couple times.. and close it with my left hand.

The IMTUG 3 I am using for pinch grip.

I realize I have "wussy grip" and will do more to work my grip.