Supplements For Hand Joints

pencilneckmike

i have quite some pain in my hands, and i think it is because of my frequent typing for like 8 years. i always have pain, so working out with it is normal for me, i am thinking i should rest a bit though and supplement with something or at least do some rehab exercises. any help guys?

Guest Bullitt

Super Cissus Rx has really helped me with hand tendon pain as well as a few other guys on the board. It's pricey, but it has worked wonders for the tendon pain in my hands and fingers. Borage oil & fish oil also seem to help.

Super Cissus Rx has really helped me with hand tendon pain as well as a few other guys on the board. It's pricey, but it has worked wonders for the tendon pain in my hands and fingers. Borage oil & fish oil also seem to help.

how often were yo taking the super cissus? is it a take forever type of thing or, are you only taking it to address a specific problem?

Guest Bullitt

how often were yo taking the super cissus? is it a take forever type of thing or, are you only taking it to address a specific problem?

I took 3 tablets twice daily, 10 minutes before meals to help with a really sore finger tendon. It has two effects: the first is an analgesic property that you can feel within an hour of first dose. The second is the actual healing of the tendon. I started feeling relief and had a greater range of motion within a week of starting the Cissus and the borage oil. After the first week I went to 2 tablets, twice per day. By the time the first bottle was empty (last dose was the morning of Nationals) it was 80% - 90% better. After Nationals I didn't buy a new bottle and the tendon problems started bothering me again. I bought a new bottle a few days ago and am feeling better already. Just taking 4 per day right now.

I know Aaron has had good luck with Cissus and Paul Knight and Goody are also taking Super Cissus RX right now. Again, it is very expensive, but it is one of the few supplements I have ever taken that worked better than I expected and was well worth the money. Vitamin Shoppe is the only place I have been able to find it outside of the internet.

Edited by Bullitt

at 6 pills a day that would be pricey. I don't have any trouble right now but, I wonder if a lower dose would be prophylactic. has anybody fond any research to that effect?

Guest Bullitt

The manufacturer and Bodybuilding.com (named this joint supplement of the year 3X running) say that it promotes tendon health by increasing nutrient delivery to the tendons. 2 capsules a day is what they recommend. I already had problems, so not sure if it is preventing new ones. I just know it is the only thing that worked, after dealing with the pain for months.

i should've mentioned that i started supercissus as well, im taking 4-6 a day, but it has been too short to notice a difference... will comment about it shortly.

I use GLC2000 as preventative maintenance. Used it for about 3 years in a row after some bad shoulder joint injuries.

http://www.glcdirect.com/glc2000/index.php

I will have to look into the other stuff listed here on the board. Thanks.

Edited by Saved1

I like cissus, i went ahead and got some about 3 weeks ago. I was having some rotator cuff/shoulder issues, clicking and cracking, minor pain etc... and it cleared it up. My elbows feels better than they have in a while aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

Paul has been on me about the Cissus. My hands kill me after grippers. But, I just can't part with that kind of cash right now. At least I know he is not the only one it is working for. He swears by it. He has also suggested fish oil and vitamin c, in addition to taking a daily vitamin. Which I think will benefit everyone. I like Flintstone's personally. :rolleyes

Paul has been on me about the Cissus. My hands kill me after grippers. But, I just can't part with that kind of cash right now. At least I know he is not the only one it is working for. He swears by it. He has also suggested fish oil and vitamin c, in addition to taking a daily vitamin. Which I think will benefit everyone. I like Flintstone's personally. :rolleyes

ROFL :laugh

Buy it in bulk and cap it yourself. Cissus doesn´t taste that bad though, if you don´t wan´t to go trough the hassle of caping it, just put the powder in your mouth and chase it down with some water.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bullitt

Bought this stuff (Prima Force Cissus) instead of Super Cissus Rx this time around. Was cheaper, supposedly standardized for a much higher potency than Rx, and more capsules per bottle. Took first dose this AM. I will let you know how it works. Only difference I can tell so far is that this stuff is brown, while the Super Cissus Rx is white.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/prima/cis.html?MCID=FGOOG

Prima Force:

120 Capsules

Supplement Facts

Serving Size2Capsules

Servings Per Container60

Amount Per Serving % DV

Cissus Quadrangularis Extract(Standardized For 40% Total Ketosterones & 20% 3-Ketosterone) 1000mg †

† Daily Value not established

• 2 months later...

I use an oldie but a goodie. It's called "rest" and seems to work quite well. Seriously, I have had good luck with oils - fish, flax, CLA, Udos, olive etc. Start slow so you don't poop yourself - add until your skin gets nice and soft - back it down just a little and you should be good to go. You do not need massive dosages after what might be called a "loading" phase. Your skin will tell you when its right - if you start feeling greasy - it's too much.