Inch Lift

HAMMERHEAD

I think it clear that David Horne's arm-wrestling had added greatly to his wrist-strength - in fact I believe he has said that he has never lost an arm-wrestling match due to his wrist being "broken" (ie. bent back.)

Chris,

No my wrist hasn't been bent back in armwrestling.

I've just got back from visiting my parents.

Anyway, yes I use a thumbless grip on the Inch like Samuelson did in the photo. Wrist and finger strength are needed. I press through my finger tips to hold the dumbell. I had to go to this style after snapping my thumb tendon 2 years ago in a fight. I am probably 15-20% down on this hand now.

Do what you can do with what you have available.

David

A heavy thick handled lift done thumbless or with the thumb is a fine achievment. I do think they should be recognized as two different lifts.

''At the risk of creating hundreds of different lifts, I would agree with this.''

This brings up an interesting point. Clearly there are an infinite amount of grip type lifts that could be thought up and performed. Maybe we should come to a consensus on the board, and come up with say a dozen varied lifts that we could try to do our best on and create some FRIENDLY competition. We would all agree not only on the lifts but on how they should be performed. The lifts would be done on equipment available to anyone. Claims would have to be backed up with pics and reasonable proof. This is just for the gripboard and not any kind of world or national record. Grip is too small of of a pastime for that. Tom Black's list could form a good basis.

Rumor has it PDA is coming out with collars to prevent any rotation of the plates.

:cool