Bulgarian Training Bag

BigJan85

I made a 50 pound Bulgarian training bag today out of an innertube and its whoopin my ass. I really should have made a lighter bag to start with cuz I had no idea what to expect. I can do all the movements that I've tried, just not for as long as I was hoping. Oh well, guess I'll just have to keep workin at it until I master it. Anybody else mess around with these things??

No, but I want to. I was going to have a friend sew one for me out of codura, but the inner tube sounds cheaper. How'd you tie your ends up and what did you use for handles (if you have them)? 50lbs would be pretty tough for a long circuit.

i just folded the ends up and put zip ties on them and then wrapped them in gorilla tape. I saw a vid on youtube where a guy made one and thats what he did so I just followed him and it seems to hold up pretty good so far. I thought of a couple ways to strap type handles on but im not sure if I'll go to the trouble to do that yet.

i just folded the ends up and put zip ties on them and then wrapped them in gorilla tape. I saw a vid on youtube where a guy made one and thats what he did so I just followed him and it seems to hold up pretty good so far. I thought of a couple ways to strap type handles on but im not sure if I'll go to the trouble to do that yet.

Funny, thats what I just did. I found an old tube in the shop - superglued one end then gorilla taped it. Only had about 20lbs of sand so I'll finish it up tomorrow - cant wait to try it out. I watched the vids off the bulgarian site - looked pretty sweet. Some rope and more gorilla tape for handles. I'm thinking with some hard use the tape will have to be replaced now and then.

Edited by maidenfan

What's the diff between a Bulgarian bag and a Russian bag? Or a US bag?

:upsidedwn

Yup, that's why I asked this question. If it's not Bulgarian made in the fields of Bulgaria by training monk who works out 10 times per day and of course are natural. :tongue

I did my first REAL workout with the bag today. Did a half hour of about 10 types of movements with the main ones being snatches, jump squats, side to side swings, and around the body swings (wasnt really sure of the names of some of the movements). My goal was to not set the bag down the whole half hour but I found out soon enough that this wasnt going to happen as even with the bag laying over my neck I felt my traps and shoulders tiring quickly and it became hard to get my breath. I kept a real good intensity through the half hour and I was really suprised by the total body workout it gave me. I think this might be the best 17 bucks I've spent in a loooong time.