Dumbbell Curl

jelmo33

I am 16 and I can one arm dumbbell curl 65 pounds for 3 reps is this good, bad or average. I posted this before but I screwed it up and I couldn't edit it.

Hard to say how big ru. Were you sitting or standing, how big was the handle? It sounds good to me if its your PR then its dam good and congrats!

Rico

Hard to say how big ru. Were you sitting or standing, how big was the handle? It sounds good to me if its your PR then its dam good and congrats!

Rico

5'10 and 225 pounds(9% body fat) and while standing

• 1 month later...

Yes, it depends on how strict the curl was. If you did it with out any swinging or shrugging, and your upper arm was straight, and you brought it all the way to your shoulder, then you're a beast.

Try curling competition style IE with buttocks,upper back and head all against a wall. you must complete the lift without any of those parts coming out of contact with the wall. This will keep the lift very strict and give you a true indicator of bicep power.

What you have done already sounds good for a 16yr old but this would give a better indicator of your strength, I would say if you can do 50lb in that style you will be doing pretty well.