300 Kg Squat

The Natural

Belt, knee sleeves. No under-belt this time. IPF depth.

Vid forthcoming.

Big thanks to Brian Dobson for help and encouragement.

-Rex

Belt, knee sleeves. No under-belt this time. IPF depth.

Vid forthcoming.

Big thanks to Brian Dobson for help and encouragement.

-Rex

About time skinny!

:rock

That's a serious, SERIOUS lift! :bow I didn't think you were capable of that, how tall and heavy are you? Cos I clearly think you're smaller than you are.

That's a serious, SERIOUS lift! :bow I didn't think you were capable of that, how tall and heavy are you? Cos I clearly think you're smaller than you are.

Thanks twig. 6' 3" tall, 290 pounds. I'm almost exactly the same weight as I was back in Nov '08 when I squatted 585 pounds. So my squat progress is purely CNS related. (As far as I can tell, my body composition has not improved since then).

-Rex

Edited by The Natural

BAAAAADDDAAAAASSSSSSS!

awesome vid!

mucho respect

BTW, the squat looked below parallel ... is that required in IPF?

Now I know how you have all that grip strenght, great big squat there!

Rico

Nice lift!

May I give some constructive critique? In my opinion you need to improve your setup a little. You lift the weight up and the walk out with it at once without making sure that the weight is stable on your upper back. This results in some wobbling of the weight and this costs you strength. You would be more stable if;

1. you took a huge breath of air in to your abdomen, not chest BEFORE lifting the weight from the rack.

2. With a belly full of air, lift the weight up and stand still for one second or so, just to make sure that you´re stable enough

3. Keep holding your breath and walk out with the weight and set up accoring to your squating style

4. Breath out some of the air, not all, and then refill with as much air as possible once more and just squat the heck out of it.

Again, the lift was awesome, well below legal depth by the looks of it!

BTW, the squat looked below parallel ... is that required in IPF?

Under IPF rules the top of thigh at the hipjoint has to be lower than the top of the thigh at the knee. So as far as i can see it on the video the squat was deep enough, but not super deep. Congrats to this great squat!

Concerning stability, I would back JohanBs advice, you can do more with your already available strength and decrease the risk for injury at the same time.

Keep on gripping.

Awesome squat Rex! Super strong stuff bro! :rock

Panning over to the Metroflex on the wall was cool too. You are lucky to get to train in a real gym where grunting, sweating, yelling and chalk dust are permissable. :D

Darn nice squat Rex! You'll see 800 in a few years.