Train On Off Days?

Cloud Strife1511

I do a westside training style for powerlifting.. tuesday, thursday, saturday, sunday

so I want to train grip on monday wednesday friday.

would this be good? or would it hurt some powerlifting days since my grip would be alittle weaker?

I don't know anything about Westside training style, but I would guess it would be the other way around. Your grip workouts would be better if you weren't taxing your hands otherwise.

You could do your grip work at the end of your powerlifiting workouts or during short accessory workouts that you do for muscle groups that need the extra work. I train the same way, WSB style and I do grip work after those shorter accessory workouts that you should be doing on what you called off days. That way I'm warmed up for grip work, but grip is not taxed heavily before it. I'm not sure what kind of grip work you are going to do, but if you keep it low volume, it should not hurt your powerlifting days at all and even if it did, your grip will adapt to it.

Edited by Teemu I

I'm not sure what kind of grip work you are going to do, but if you keep it low volume, it should not hurt your powerlifting days at all and even if it did, your grip will adapt to it.

I wanna have a really strong grip, and my goal is to close the CoC 1.5.. so right now after reading some of the pins here,

im doing the beginners routine even tho ive been doing grip stuff for awhile. then I was thinking about doing some high volume stuff to change it up, but if you think it semi-hurt my lifts on some max effort days then I might have to re-think my training...