Where Real Strength Comes From

Grippster

I thought people might be interested. It's a good book, but read from Chapter 9 to page 209. The nervous system is extremely important when it comes to delivering power. I really enjoyed that particular chapter.

http://books.google.ca/books?id=zQGKmbg18J...rt+and+exercise

yep! that's why you get stronger before you get bigger...

it's all CNS/PNS efficiency.. your body is lazy and wants to use the least amount of work is has to so it builds strength before forcing itself to build muscle!

GOOD READ!

It might have occurred to you that perhaps we already knew and it was only something new to you. Hence of interest to you. That it ought to be obvious from your new PB gym lift not immediately adding a 1/4 inch to all your muscles was a giveaway.

Thanks for posting the link. I've got numerous books on this type of stuff but found the theories the author had on DOMS interesting later in that chapter.

- Aaron

Very interesting stuff - thanks for posting the link!

Edited by xengym

It might have occurred to you that perhaps we already knew and it was only something new to you. Hence of interest to you. That it ought to be obvious from your new PB gym lift not immediately adding a 1/4 inch to all your muscles was a giveaway.

Everyone that I hang around with thinks that size = power. I guess the gripboard is a very special place, people are more knowledgeable here.

Everyone that I hang around with thinks that size = power. I guess the gripboard is a very special place, people are more knowledgeable here.

Hehe your friends are wrong, glad your smarter and more open minded than them. Size=Size unless its myofibrillar hypertrophy then Size=Power.

Your regular bodybuilder training style is gonna result in sarcoplasmic hypertrophy which mostly just adds fluid volume to the muscle cells, Kinda like putting a hood scoop and wide tires on a 4cylinder Nova.

Here is a link with some basic definitions: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_hypertrophy

- Aaron

It's not that simple of course. But the earlier reference you found of interest is more basic. The higher up I get, as it were, the less nerve per se and more mental the process is.