United States Hand Strength National Championship

Jedd Johnson

Please see the important announcement regarding GGC.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jedd Johnson

• climber511

• rico300zx

• Rick Walker

• 3 weeks later...

I have finally been able to secure a date. It will be September 19th.

• 2 weeks later...

Last time you had it in September, all of Pennsylvania nearly floated off the map....

Let's hope that doesn't happen and that no wild rabid cats get into my basement.

Some important notes on GGC.

- You need to reserve your Comfort Inn Room as soon as possible. They are the only ones I could get a discount with. There is tons of Natural Gas mining going on around here and there are tons of migrant workers taking up the hotel rooms, so get on that ASAP.

- The Medley is going to be a bunch of stuff loaded to platforms, and to lockout. I am going to shoot a video of all the GGC medley items soon.

- I am toying with the idea of running both the championship portion and a novice portion for those who have never entered a contest before. The scoring will be separate for each. But it depends on how many participants sign up for GGC.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Jedd-

• 4 weeks later...

Competitor List - Paid

Robert Alva

Dave Thornton

Jedd Johnson

John Eaton

Brent Barbe

Chris Rice

Competitor List - Probable

Frank Snyder

Mike Rinderle

Bobby Goodfellow

Zach Coulter

Andrew Durniat

I think I am missing somebody but I am on Labor Day vacation and my notes are at home, so please post here if I missed you.

Also, don't forget to reserve your room at the Comfort Inn soon. Like I said, the gas companies are gobbling up rooms all over the place.

Who's gonna take the title??!!

I am in. And here is a promise. You are going to see the two best pair of shoes ever seen at a Grip Contest. My competition shoes, and my traveling shoes. The absolute best. I can't make any other promises other than I will be driving the most rinky dink rental car you have seen as well (the most bottom of the line PriceLine has to offer, whatever that will be).

Made my travel arrangements yesterday. I am in.

Look forward to seeing a couple of you guys again. Look forward to meeting the rest of you!

Mike Corlett

aka Hubgeezer

I am in. And here is a promise. You are going to see the two best pair of shoes ever seen at a Grip Contest. My competition shoes, and my traveling shoes. The absolute best. I can't make any other promises other than I will be driving the most rinky dink rental car you have seen as well (the most bottom of the line PriceLine has to offer, whatever that will be).

Look forward to seeing a couple of you guys again. Look forward to meeting the rest of you!

Mike Corlett

aka Hubgeezer

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Mike Corlett

aka Hubgeezer

Awesomeness.

Glad you are making the trip Mike. It will be great to meet you.

Ditto!!

Just booked my room. Ended up getting one at the Red Roof in Wilkes-Barre (about an hour away) for cheap. Crazy pumped for this! :rock

Maybe post the information for others who might be interested?

This should be made into a DVD and sold on the Diesel Crew website. All you need is a digital Camcorder, DVDR's and someone with a PC that can edit it into a DVD burn it.

Maybe post the information for others who might be interested?

Red Roof Inn

Wilkes-Barre (more information)

1035 Highway 315 | I-81 at Business State Route 309, Exit #170-B | Wilkes Barre, PA 18702 | US | (570) 829-6422

$68 for a king room for wifey and me. 52 miles from Jedd's. Barring any goats in the road (yea, Goody and I almost hit two on the way there for the qualifier) it should take about 1 hour to get there.

Make sure you give yourself a bit more than an hour.

Hey guys, I am all set up to stream the entire GGC / Nationals on the internet via Ustream.

Here's the link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/us-hand-stre...ampionship-2009

Nothing comes up right now, but we will begin streaming at 10:00 or so tomorrow. If we get everything set up early, then I will set it up to go beforehand, but we will not start the contest before 10.

We'll do our best to commentate and to chat, but can't promise anything.

Let me know if you have any questions, for now, check out this post on the site. http://www.dieselcrew.com/grip-strength-contest-2009/

Thanks,

-Jedd-

Jedd,

Do you know if it it possible to record this brodcast from my computer because I don't want to miss the viewing but I will be at my sons football game again. What are my choices beside watching snippets on your website?

Parris

Jedd,

Do you know if it it possible to record this brodcast from my computer because I don't want to miss the viewing but I will be at my sons football game again. What are my choices beside watching snippets on your website?

Parris

Great question, and one that I was going to ask as well.

Not sure. You might have to check out the website for more info. I have never used it in that capacity.

looks like that program may work, i hope so :whistel

ps im rooting for my buds john eaton and frank!!!!!

lets go guys :rock:rock:rock

rico

looks like that program may work, i hope so :whistel

ps im rooting for my buds john eaton and frank!!!!!

lets go guys :rock:rock:rock

rico

Thanks for the support Parris. :angry:

:laugh

Coming to you from the Red Roof Inn in beautiful Wilkes-Barre, PA. Can't wait for tomorrow! :rock