Progress

t-wehner

well, due to mission stuff, we were unable to hold a powerlifting comp. here in afghanistan where i am at. so me and my buddy went into the gym because i was really intrested to see where i was. squat was a suprise, third lift was 335. my buddy gave me a verbal thumbs up when i hit the full depth, and i locked it out. bench is about the same, with 275 on my 2nd attempt, missed 285 by raising my butt off the bench. went ahead and did a fourth attempt, and got the 285 proper. deadlift is still sitting at 405, but the form on this lift was spot on, and no sign of hitching or anything, so at least my form has gotton much better.

the squat had me excited though, and i don't think350+ is out of reach here in the near future. when my squat goes up, so will my deadlift.

more later

take care and good lifting

t-dog

well, due to mission stuff, we were unable to hold a powerlifting comp. here in afghanistan where i am at. so me and my buddy went into the gym because i was really intrested to see where i was. squat was a suprise, third lift was 335. my buddy gave me a verbal thumbs up when i hit the full depth, and i locked it out. bench is about the same, with 275 on my 2nd attempt, missed 285 by raising my butt off the bench. went ahead and did a fourth attempt, and got the 285 proper. deadlift is still sitting at 405, but the form on this lift was spot on, and no sign of hitching or anything, so at least my form has gotton much better.

the squat had me excited though, and i don't think350+ is out of reach here in the near future. when my squat goes up, so will my deadlift.

more later

take care and good lifting

t-dog

Not bad numbers at all, and most important as you identified was proper technique. When your dialed in it is easy to make progress. Consistancy is critical.

Not bad numbers/technique after working so much over there I know know it gets tough time to time just stay consistant!

Good numbers. My first squat session in the mountains left me feeling like I was breathing through a straw.....I miss it.