Pal Las Vegas

darthsith19

Live here: http://www.justin.tv/armbets

it doesn't start till 8:30 Vegas time (1 hour 56 minutes) but the stage and Las Vegas is being shown already. No armwrestlers yet.

Official weigh in:

Michael Todd: 112 kg - 247 lbs.

Ion 100 kg - 220 lbs.

John 103 kg - 227 lbs.

Denis 137 kg - 307 lbs.

Hope John is a solid 227. If so he should be very ready for tonight!

GO John & Michael!!!

Mike looked strong in his first fight and won it. Looks good for him!

Nice and easy first win for John.

John 5-1

I eat humble pie, well done John :rock:rock:rock:rock

The man once again, Dennis did look improved though.

Brendan

For sure Denis improved, John is better now but it was still closer than before. Denis's wrist are waaaaaaay behind his arms, but, it's ridiculous how everybody gives him shit about how weak his wrist are, when in reality I doubt more than 10 dudes in the world could flop it back. He beat Tim Bresnan after all in a toproll and hook, John looked like he was sleeping that last match but still not many people could pin John even if he were sleeping. People give shit to Denis too because he pulls with a flopped wrist - Jerry Cadorette and Michael Todd do it to and win a lot, so give Denis a break. I was very impressed Michael Todd though, I would never have thought he's beat Ion 6-0. It was probably because he was facing Cyplenkov, but John didn't look 227 lbs. He did awesome beating Denis though, it will be great for the media! John's definitely the better puller, but cut Denis some slack he's trying and even John said Denis is a nice guy.

I want to see Ron Bath vs. Denis next, I think that'd be a great match-up.

Wanna see Ron vs. Pushkar or Denis (has Ron ever pulled Pushkar?), Lupkes vs. Pushkar or Denis, Arsen Liliev vs. Michael Todd. What does everybody think about those matches? I say Pushkar and Denis over Ron, maybe, Michael I'll put over Arsen over 6 rounds but I'm not sure (I thought Ion would beat Michael, so now I'm not betting against him :p), Lupkes we need to see more of before I can say...

It seems the pronation of John was not lacking this time :laugh

Hey can we catch the power of that arms to produce electricity?? :bow

Bob were you the one with cyan shirt??... :tongue nice shirt bro!! :whistel

GREAT JOB JOHN!!!

Did John even grip the peg in the second match?(initial not straps) :D

It seems the pronation of John was not lacking this time :laugh

Hey can we catch the power of that arms to produce electricity?? :bow

Bob were you the one with cyan shirt??... :tongue nice shirt bro!! :whistel

GREAT JOB JOHN!!!

I am not sure what color Cyan is but I was the guy helping John. I like that shirt. :)

bob what has john said about his win. any comments from him or you?

p.s. i would need 6 paris of pants if i was massaging john brzenks forearm....arhhhhhhhh yewahhhhhhh

On the sixth match was john just really tired or did he give dennis a little too much leeway and dennis took him over?

I think he was tired. On armpower.net it said they were both tired but Denis wanted a win bad. I mean John was icing his forearm after match 5 so.

He was tired and his hand was blown. John was going to try and hook him again. but basically quit.

We were icing his arm after the second match and every match after that.

John was feeling much stronger than last time but still has the problem of endurance and lactic acid build up in his forearm and hand. This will be a problem against Devon.

Are these problems because of aging or other reasons? How does Devon deal with the problem of lactic acid buildup?

Devon doesn't make lactic acid :D

^Lol! Thanks Bob for the info... after the matches when I was going to sleep, I thought about the same thing - John was tired, Devon doesn't get tired, so even if John wins the first match or 2 it may not matter...

well that kinda makes me feel john has little cahnce vs devon. i mean, if he was serious, wouldnt he prepare like devon instead of pulling al lthese giants just a month before or so :s

whats his hand gonna be like when he pulls devon, if he needed icing after the second match, devon is much more technical than denis.

i don't know but that lactic acid buildup may be only beacause of ciplenkov... I mean nobody is used to pull such a big hand and forearm. It is diffrent from all the others.. Devon may feeling a lot better to pull for Brzenk cause Devon has a more normal hand.

Also, perhaps instead best of six it should be best of 5 ?

Are these problems because of aging or other reasons? How does Devon deal with the problem of lactic acid buildup?

Devon doesn't make lactic acid :D

:rock

To prevent Lactic Acid build up has a lot to do with genetics, training styles and cardio shape.

John has the genetics but remember guys. Until recent time and the introduction of the super match, endurance was not as important until now. And even now its only important if the two guys are close. John has never really had to train this way. And lets face it John is 45 years old. He has tried to change his training for Devon but it takes a long time for a young body to adapt.

John can work on his cardio from now to then. We will just have to wait and see.

I absolutely believe that John is stronger than Devon. So the matches will be very interesting.

Bob you know when revenge ?