Block Weights, Blobs, Globs?

WilliamKlase

I am really new to all this grip training and I have read the FAQ. My starting equipment so far is-

Trainer COC gripper

#1 COC Gripper

#1.5 COC Gripper

#2 Coc Gripper

Iron Mind hand extensor bands

Iron Woody Super Gripper

Torque Athletic Forearm Axle(Not sure how much that will carry over to the grippers)

-

I am thinking I need some form of blob,glob, or block weights. What are the best? The only "blob" I can find for sale is a loadable blobette. I saw an ad on craigslist for vintage york globe dumbbells, I contacted the seller and her wants $1.50 a pound- but I don't know if he will ship.

Is my best bet buying some hex dumbells of varying weights and having the handles machined off? Or should I buy the adjustable/loadable blobette ?

Thanks.

Edited by WilliamKlase

If I can make the trip, later in the week, I should be driving a few counties away and picking up a pair of 50lb York cast iron globe dumbbells. This is where I will start unless otherwise directed.

If I can make the trip, later in the week, I should be driving a few counties away and picking up a pair of 50lb York cast iron globe dumbbells. This is where I will start unless otherwise directed.

Nice DB's, just don't cut them up. I would recommend keeping your eyes open for some cheap hex's or York Blobs, if the price isn't ridiculous. Until then put a couple of Olympic 25's or 35's together and work on them.

contact "GordonV" on this forum. He might have some blob50's. That is where I got mine.

contact "GordonV" on this forum. He might have some blob50's. That is where I got mine.

I am just going to buy some hex weights locally and have the handles machined off.

Edited by WilliamKlase

I am just going to buy some hex weights locally and have the handles machined off.

I used a hacksaw to cut my hex's handles off. Only took a few minuites.

• 1 month later...

go to play it again get some hexes and cut those up