225 X 50 Backsquat

TKtheGreek

I've been trying for this for about 2 motnhs now. I feel ok about the lift, my first 20 are a bit above parallal but if you pause when im in the hole im really close to parallal on most all of them. I did them bodybuilder style where you dont lockout, it really burns alot more that way, but you can rep it faster. After 30 I got below parallal so w.e. I found that the main difficulty with this lift is running out of breath and not your legs getting tired, having the bar on you for that long just sucks the life out of ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZFD4u4FLNw

Way to gut it out Ted :rock

Steamin' it out :blink You know you got a serious squat video when it's over 4 minutes long.

VERY NICE TED!!! I did 205x10x10 a few weeks ago and it wasn't physically hard, but mentally I was blown apart for 2 weeks. Your heart gets to pounding past 20 reps and it's a mental game from that point on. Brutal. Every rep could've been barely WPO legal for all anyone cares, a 50 rep set is a 50 rep set.

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

VERY NICE TED!!! I did 205x10x10 a few weeks ago and it wasn't physically hard, but mentally I was blown apart for 2 weeks. Your heart gets to pounding past 20 reps and it's a mental game from that point on. Brutal. Every rep could've been barely WPO legal for all anyone cares, a 50 rep set is a 50 rep set.

Its like the worst feeling when your around 41, and you know your too close to quit, but your too uncomfortable and exhausted to want to go on haha, very mental. THe sickest part is even though it was brutal I wanna do it again but with better depth and ROM.

10 sets of 10 thats sick, 100 reps damn. How much rest did u take, to train for this lift, I did 5 X 10 with 245, (doing continuousy reps with not lockout) and 1 min rest between, a minute never felt so short haha.

THanks for the comments everyone!!!!!

Its like the worst feeling when your around 41, and you know your too close to quit, but your too uncomfortable and exhausted to want to go on haha, very mental. THe sickest part is even though it was brutal I wanna do it again but with better depth and ROM.

10 sets of 10 thats sick, 100 reps damn. How much rest did u take, to train for this lift, I did 5 X 10 with 245, (doing continuousy reps with not lockout) and 1 min rest between, a minute never felt so short haha.

THanks for the comments everyone!!!!!

Adrenaline was pumping something crazy during the 10x10 but I can still garauntee you there were 5-10 minute rest periods between the sets once I reached set 5-6. Getting to set 3 was all I "wanted" to do, it was pure mental after that. The weight continued to be light the whole way through though.

i don't know how you guys do it. the squat kills me, like literally. i don't have the muscle endurance, i start getting a little light headed.