Gym People

arande2

The reason I posted this is because earlier I saw a guy that was doing ALL of his exercises really fast and hard. He was about 55 or so I am guessing.

The weight was pretty good, but he didn't look strong at all.

Is this because of the momentum moving the weight and he's just strengthening his tendons?

Is it possible he's trying to train for POWER using isolation machines?

The reason I posted this is because earlier I saw a guy that was doing ALL of his exercises really fast and hard. He was about 55 or so I am guessing.

Is this because of the momentum moving the weight and he's just strengthening his tendons?

Is it possible he's trying to train for POWER using isolation machines?

Probably trying to be explosive in his lifts. I dont think hell get much of a boost in power output unless theyre maximal efforts with compound lifts.

You say the weight is good and that he is moving it fast, but then you say he doesn't look strong?

+ You do not have to look strong to be strong.

some guys just have no clue it's true. I heard some big bodybuilder type give advice to a newbie. He said you don't have to lift heavy to be strong just go for the pump. Typical example of how to have worthless sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. Other just have those straps hanging of their wrists all the time..pfff i dunno maybe it's me. I just shut up and do my thing.

Thats why I quit commercial gyms a few years back. The last good gym I was a member at was in the late 1980's, called "Billy Jacks" owned by former WWE wrestler Billy Jack Haynes. Lots of roided out wrestlers screaming and yelling with chalk so thick in the air you could barely see through it. Several platforms and racks that were always used. Dumbells up to 200lbs, etc. They actually had a plate stack wrist rolling machine with a 2" knurled roller on it. Every day I went into train the guy at the counter would challenge me to an arm wrestling match - pretty cool stuff to a kid just out of high school - really motivated me to get strong.

I thing you will find in the gym is everyone has the secret to get big and strong ! Sometime's the old guy doing what seem's to be crazy stuff maybe the guy that has it figured out look for the old guy tattooed sleved out shaved head and doing some crazt stuff ask for Tiny that will be me LOL !!!!!!! :rock

"Power" and "strength" are two different things. Sounds like he's lifting for power.. nothing wrong with that. :erm

You say the weight is good and that he is moving it fast, but then you say he doesn't look strong?

+ You do not have to look strong to be strong.

When you r you usually do.

Oh and I've seen people ion the same age group doing the same type of thing at the ymca wheni used to go there.

Rico