Rules Discussion Here!

Bill Piche

Gazza,

It would be a nice gesture, and it further proves that if grip is to be discussed, this is the place- otherwise there

would be no desire to return.

Frankly, I like your idea and hope a nod from the mods

is forthcoming, but sometimes much goes on behind the scenes to complicate matters. :cry

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• Roark

• gazza

• "D"

Top Posters In This Topic

Gazza,

It would be a nice gesture, and it further proves that if grip is to be discussed, this is the place- otherwise there

would be no desire to return.

Frankly, I like your idea and hope a nod from the mods

is forthcoming, but sometimes much goes on behind the scenes to complicate matters. :cry

The people who are no longer here publically stated how this forum wasn't being run right, outright flamed people with profanity via personal attack, etc.

Did anyone consider this place might be better without that kind of stuff going on?

Heck, then they even try and get back on using free emails and fake names.

I'm not inclined nor motivated to change anything at the moment.

For what it's worth, I like the idea of a time delay before posts are deleted, although I would suggest they are simply moved. But that's just me.

I would personally like to know what Pat and Heath had achieved over the past few days, even if it's against the rules to be posted on the board, rules which I agreed with.

A real conundrum, methinks. :(

Edited by The Mac

For what it's worth, I like the idea of a time delay before posts are deleted, although I would suggest they are simply moved. But that's just me.

I would personally like to know what Pat and Heath had achieved over the past few days, even if it's against the rules to be posted on the board, rules which I agreed with.

I think the pizza man is at the #4 door waiting to get paid. The door is going to be answered very soon. Count on it.

hold onto your buster browns......

Just speculating :dry

Me thinks there is going to be a few more 4# closers next year,

some from the USA and some from the UK :cool

I 2 would like to see what yourself,Heath and Pat are really

capable of!!! :cool

First off "D", how do we know whether or not you are a troll? That's an awful short name, does it say that on your birth certificate?

I haven't posted any of my feats because they don't compare to what you guys are doing here. Does that constitute as a troll? Do you always ask questions before thinking?

I come here to learn how I can better improve my hand strength. I also enjoy hearing about what other people are doing, for motivation and to gauge my own progress. I hate trolls just as much as everyone else and completely understand why some want proof with every claim, but think of all the feats we'd miss hearing about just because we weren't working out with a prepared photographer.

Having said that, I'd like to hear about what you and Beercat are doing. I don't care if you have a picture or not. You seem to have earned the respect of the rest of the forum and that's good enough for me. Hell, just the fact that you can close the #3 gives me all the reason in the world to believe you. Maybe we could adjust the rule to allow the certified to post their feats... those are the one's I want to hear about.

Instead of Beercat, just type Heath.

Often, I receive requests for information from people who will not identify themselves- as though I should somehow stock the shelves of websites without being given the courtesy of even knowing with whom I am dealing.

Wonder why I decline that lovely evening gown of an invitation? That's why I posted yesterday in Goerner about the matter in Roark quits.

It is my opinion that everyone should post under a real name- or at least the identity should be available in the profile area, if a nickname if preferred in the posting area.

I understand the intrigue of hiding and sniping; but I don't think it is something a true 'strong' person would do.

I agree Roark with your statement that one should use

their given name on discussion boards. I regret not having

done this in the beginning. The GripBoard being the only

forum board I actively participate in.

I presumed a username other than your christian name was

for personal protection from uncertain reprisals?? :(

I do not know if that is really the case or not?

Signed,

Rick Browne

From the Sunshine State of Florida (where it is a balmy 75 degrees today) :tongue

My choice of a username was determined by that being my nickname (well, at least it was the least profane of my nicknames :D:D ). I have always signed my name at the the bottom of my posts in my "legend" (or whatever the bit at the bottom is called). To be honest, though, the use of "nicknames" as usernames does not bother me, since who knows who's behind the keyboard anyway? Most here are known by their names as well as their usernames - very few call Heath "Bearcat 74" (or even Beercat, which is equally as good, IMO!!). It also helps to add to the informality of this board, which is - usually - a good thing.

Pat - I am very pleased to hear of what was done and look forward to the "proof" of the video. Does this mean that this thread on the discussion of the rules will now have to be locked until then??

Edited by The Mac

Pat and Heath

Awesome :bow lifts.

You are both very privaledged to be able to train together and motivate one another to such high standards.

I have also been privaledged in the past to witness the HOLLES,

JIM wylie,David Horne,Steve GARDENER,kalle LANE ETC DO SOME AWESOME LIFTS. :bow

Keep up the good work,and keep supplying the motivation. :cool

Thanks for clarification terminator (Pat?). Just so you know [and so I don't get grouped in with Roarks anonymous internet hiders and snipers] I am sincere and very serious about my training. "D" is short for Dan, the last name is Cenidoza if you're wondering.

I was just trying to argue my case when I questioned Heath, nothing more. I would like everyone to be able to share their experiences in good faith. Because a troll claims to have out done you in something, so what? It doesn't take anything away from your acomplishments [unless of course it's some kind of record, in which case proof should/would have to be provided to replace the old record].

Having said that, those are some pretty amazing feats! I'm glad you shared. You guys are setting the standards high and are providing boatloads of motivation for me.

Crud. Now I have to lock this. Pat, next time post in a new thread! :tongue

I split it out -- hope you like the title!

Yet another example of why I think the rule should at least be modified. Say I had questions about the feats, how they were performed and things like that. Now I can't ask them. :dry

'D',

Good point. But it has been now 5 days since Brad Johnson posted about his rafter chins, and the post

was locked pending proof.

With the holidays, busy schedules, travel, etc it may be a

few more days before photo or video arrives. Or Brad may

choose not to supply either.

If he chooses not to supply either, then the locked thread becomes very meaningful. If he does supply either, then

the thread can be unlocked, and further discussion can be

based upon the evidence. Inquiring minds Wanna know.

Hi D. There's a Private Message feature on this board- questions can be asked that way if a thread is locked. Many members also provide their eMail address in their profile and can be contacted that way.

I still say, however, that it's an adjustment that we can, and should be willing to, make. Submit the picture or video clip in conjunction with the post and no threads get locked. There is no reason for it to be a necessity that pics and vids get submitted days after a post is made. Sure it will happen from time to time (if I were to lift the MDB or close the #4 I'd want to make that claim public as soon as possible whether I had submitted the picture yet or not), but these circumstances will likely represent a small percentage of the total claims made.

BC.

I have nothing to hide. My real name is John McEneany living in South Florida. ;)

I thought that was Sunny South Florida? :laugh

Happy new year one and all :D

Big steve stoppit ya,ll have me winging :D Anyway the price of payback can be a very costly thing :tongue Anything to help a fellow grip brother. :D