What Program Are You Using?

Blackdog

I would like to use this topic to see what programs we are using for weight lifting. This may uncover something that may be useful.

A. What program are you using?

B. How is it working for you?

i was doing "greasing the groove" style before i even knew there ever was a training style like that lol. so pretty much, whenever i see a place to do pull ups or a feel like repping out some grippers i'll just do it, whatever body part i'm doing i'll do that.

i was doing "greasing the groove" style before i even knew there ever was a training style like that lol. so pretty much, whenever i see a place to do pull ups or a feel like repping out some grippers i'll just do it, whatever body part i'm doing i'll do that.

What is "greasing the groove"?

What is "greasing the groove"?

It's a metaphorical expression for a style of training that is based around high frequency, low intensity workouts as the norm (although there may be some high intensity workouts from time to time). The benefit is that the neural pathways stay 'fresh'. This style of training is suited for movements and events that are very technical in nature, e.g. clean & jerk for barbell sports, or grippers in hand strength competition.

-Rex

I write and use pretty much all my own routines, but some of my favorite techniques to incorporate are drop-sets and low-rep wave-loading.

I'll be trying out smittys AMD when it comes out......I was hoping it would be out by now I can't wait to give it a go. I'll most definitely give him a testimonial if it works out great for me.

I was using Enter the Kettlbell. Its pretty simple and has worked really well for me. I went from a weak 20kg single one hand press to a 40kg one hand press for reps. This took about 8 months to accomplish, I like taking my time. I started mixing it in with some strongman last summer. I've never felt better. I found as a side effect to the kettlebell training my deadlift has gone up to 495lbs (I train DL maybe once a week). I felt the call of the straight bar and I plan on starting Super Squats next week. Pray for me :)

something called "The Texas method" i think..

Reps x Sets

Day 1 Squat 80% 5x2 - Press 6x3 - Bench 1/2/3Rm - Rows 5x5 - Chinups 5RM.

Day 2 Squat 5RM - Press 80% 5x2 - Bench 6x3 - Rows 80% 5x2 - Chinups 5x5.

Day 3 Squat 5x5 - Press 1/2/3RM - Bench 80% 5x2 - Rows 5RM - Chinups 80% 5x2.

the 1/2/3RM's is up to me what i do that day

its working great. progress all the time. i got a log here aswell if anyones interested

I'm doing the Coan-Phillipi deadlift program, Big Iron boards (for bench), and a Marc Bartley squat cycle...all at the same time. :D

My bench has gone up a bit and I'm sure my squat has too. I'm not so sure about my deadlift though because I'm always pulling in a fatigued state so everything feels heavy.

Doing west side barbell training.

I do not follow all of the advanced techniques mostly because I do not have to, my progress is going along just fine without them for the moment.