Where To Start On A Blob Lb.age

deadgame1

I'm wanting a blob but have a problem I've never even touched one in real life or put eyes on one besides here and ebay!so I'm curious as to a good starting poundage for the blob. ALso what other lifts have carry over to the blob so that I might guesstimate a start. Or should I just buy a 50 lber and make a deloader?

Thanks for the help in advance!

I'm wanting a blob but have a problem I've never even touched one in real life or put eyes on one besides here and ebay!so I'm curious as to a good starting poundage for the blob. ALso what other lifts have carry over to the blob so that I might guesstimate a start. Or should I just buy a 50 lber and make a deloader?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Not sure what to tell you. I just bought a 37.5lbs blob and figured I'd either kill it or it'd kill me. It's my first one and I had the same question as you have. If it killed me, good, I have something to progress to. If I killed it, I'd have something to warm up with. Make sense?

I have an advantage as I only have one-arm, so my grip strength is pretty strong. The 37.5 died rather willingly last night (after I bought chalk). It was still tough enough that I am happy to have bought it. It's my only one and I'll be able to warm up with it to get my (future) Blob50 off the ground.

I'm going to purchase a Blob50 ASAP and I have a brother-in-law that can build me a deloader if I need it. So, I hope to train with it soon and eventually lift it unassisted.

Good luck. If I can help you with anything, please ask. I'll do my best to help.

Michael

Edited by mwhities

I have a lot of blobs, but if you are on a budget you should just get a Blob50 and a deloader. It will be the cheapest and fastest way to lifting a Blob50.

Blob + Deloader

THanks for the input guys!! NOW off to find a blob!!! already had making a deloader in mind so I've already bought the pulliesjust need the line!home depot should have it I would think! All these guys having great blob finds and whole york finds lately lucky bastards!also how does the FBBC blob simulator stack up?I think I might cal play it again or buy a lotto ticket! :D:D

I don't have one but I hear the Blobbette from PDA is good. Same size as the Blob but you can load it with shot to whatever weight you want. That will probably be my next purchase.

I don't have one but I hear the Blobbette from PDA is good. Same size as the Blob but you can load it with shot to whatever weight you want. That will probably be my next purchase.

I'm trying to get away as cheap as possible! I checked them out awhile back they have really nice stuff but uhhh.........I'm kinda cheap!! :blush

There is also a thread on here somewhere on how to make one out of PVC end caps they are about the right size and it is loadable. I made one a couple of years ago. It is really close to the right shape. Only problem is it is really slick. If I get a chance I will post a pic of mine.

There is also a thread on here somewhere on how to make one out of PVC end caps they are about the right size and it is loadable. I made one a couple of years ago. It is really close to the right shape. Only problem is it is really slick. If I get a chance I will post a pic of mine.

Right on man thanks for that info! I think I did see that!!

or contact gordonv and buy a blob50

Whos that and wheres he from I only know a handful of people on here by name don't mean to offend whats the going rate for a blob 50?

or contact gordonv and buy a blob50

Whos that and wheres he from I only know a handful of people on here by name don't mean to offend whats the going rate for a blob 50?

I just bought my Blob50 from Gordon. PM him here on GripBoard - GordonV.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a blob from ebay got it fpr 70$ it's the york side of and wieghs in at 37 lbs(not sure in kilo's sorry euro guys) I just got it today man I didn't realize how big these things are!! The postlady was like I have a really heavy package for you it's in the truck I said yaaaayyy!!!u.s.a stamp on the bottom home boy did kind of a hack job on cutting itbut it's all good Im super happy!!!!I;ll get at it tommorow did lots'o'bending yesterday!!! Wife called it a toe breaker (typical nurse!hahaha)now Im waiting on the RT!!happy birthday to me!! :D

Good! You'll love it, even if you can lift it. I love mine still, even though I love the Blob50 I got too. It's helping me with the "feel' of the size to get ready for the Blob50.

Michael

Is it a big differance in the sizes between the 2 I mean I imagine it would be a little bigger

Is it a big differance in the sizes between the 2 I mean I imagine it would be a little bigger

Not sure. I have the 37.7 blob in my truck and the Blob50 in my office. I'll get the 37.5 blob in tonight and maybe get a video or picture of it.

Either way, they are both BIG. ;)

Michael

yeah I was pretty surprised when I opened it up I underestimated how big it would be now I'm gonna have to get some chalk I havent been using it I just never started but the blob is a bit slippery it looks the original paint some light rust showing through have to grind down the torch job the guy did to the handle

I ordered a blob from ebay got it fpr 70$ it's the york side of and wieghs in at 37 lbs(not sure in kilo's sorry euro guys) I just got it today man I didn't realize how big these things are!! The postlady was like I have a really heavy package for you it's in the truck I said yaaaayyy!!!u.s.a stamp on the bottom home boy did kind of a hack job on cutting itbut it's all good Im super happy!!!!I;ll get at it tommorow did lots'o'bending yesterday!!! Wife called it a toe breaker (typical nurse!hahaha)now Im waiting on the RT!!happy birthday to me!! :D

Hahahahahah, just ask Twig! :laugh

I think this may be the one: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=6920

...or it might be another Blob related incident. :)

can't show her that she'll take it away from me!hahaha I already can't have a motorcycle or even try to go pro for mma christ damn nurse. I make a sucking noise and say what's that she says what? i say thats you sucking the fun out of everything then I get smacked one HAHAHA!!!

you guys are funny, my wife a RN also, i hear it all the time, and im in school for nursing now. any way i never even laid eyes on any blob before and i lifted my blob50 the very first try. but im going to make a deloader so my buddies can try it to. heres my video:

rico

I tried the rn program here but I can't sit still long enough so I dropped out and now I'm getting my welding certs been welding for 5 years now I don't know tig yet but the school I'm going to has it in the curriculum so I'm good more money with the certs so yup!!plus I LOVE METAL!!!!!I don't know why just always have since I was a kid any way better say something grip related!! THICK BAR!!still laughing about the postlady saying I have a heavy package for you it's in the truck!I had to go get it I laughed!like I said though I'm pretty stoked about it!