220kg And 240kg Squats And Some Pinch Work

CoC#3

Opinions on the depth of the 240kg squat would be appreciated. I rarely stop at parallel as i am not great at judging it.

Yes it was low enough.

Nice pinch work too Sam! :)

I don't think it was deep enough, Sam, but it was pretty damn close for your purposes (you're not training for p/l right?). I don't want to get entangled in the faggage that is squat depth debates. Nice squats and very solid pinching too!

-Rex

I don't think it was deep enough, Sam, but it was pretty damn close for your purposes (you're not training for p/l right?). I don't want to get entangled in the faggage that is squat depth debates. Nice squats and very solid pinching too!

-Rex

You just wanted to know whether you went to parallel? Right?

If so I'd have said you just dipped a tad below parallel! :)

Sam,

Very nice work.

That's a terrible angle for judging depth, but they look a little high. As Rex says though, if you're not training for a PL comp they were decent.

Maybe try again from a better angle?

I appreciate the feedback! Don't worry Rex i'm not bothered about the whole 'political' side of PL either (which fed is best, raw/geared debate, legal depth, etc...) i wanted an honest opinion on my depth, so thanks! I'm squatting to get stronger and get big legs not to compete in PL. I normally use 180kg or 200kg and go for reps going right down til my arse touches my calves. I've done 180kgx10 like this before, and an easyish 180kgx8 on video (i posted this last week). This is the first time i have tried to judge parallel.

• 3 weeks later...
Depth was good as usual :blink

cheers mate! 260k in the next couple of months.

The squat looked good to me, only just but definetly good enough. I think you will be a beast at David's muscles and medals comp with that squat (how do you find the Zercher?) and pinch combined with your pressing power. There's at least 6 people who should be top 3 so its going to come down to consistency through all the events I guess.

The squat looked good to me, only just but definetly good enough. I think you will be a beast at David's muscles and medals comp with that squat (how do you find the Zercher?) and pinch combined with your pressing power. There's at least 6 people who should be top 3 so its going to come down to consistency through all the events I guess.

Thanks Stew! I haven't started training the Zerchers yet. I did a 220kg zercher squat out of the rack from about mid thigh a few years back but have never tried it from the floor to the thighs and then up. It should be a good comp - i'm just a little worried about transport as no one from my gym is going to compete!

• 2 months later...

I just watched your vids Sam...

Excellent squating my friend.....! :rock :rock

Edited by MANTHOS

Guest Bullitt

Squat and Pinch. Sounds like a trip to the loo. :laugh

Very nice squatting bro. Looked parallel to me, but was tough to tell 100% with the bench in the way. Great pinch work as well. Damn Strong!! :rock

Thanks Manthos and Mike. I have since squatted 240kg deeper than this but tried 250kg and dumped it about half way up! I also did the 220kg without belt and wraps.

I don't get much at all out of wraps at the moment as i am an oly squatter (high bar, narrow stance)

Guest Bullitt
Thanks Manthos and Mike. I have since squatted 240kg deeper than this but tried 250kg and dumped it about half way up! I also did the 220kg without belt and wraps.
I don't get much at all out of wraps at the moment as i am an oly squatter (high bar, narrow stance)

Dude, that rack doesn't look like it could stand up to a pound more. I was afraid it was going to buckle or topple over. :laugh Strong raw squatting mate! :bow

All the way down and raw...! RAW POWER Sam...You're the man :rock

As for the rack I'll agree with Mike.....You need a bigger cage my friend...! :rock :rock

Thanks Manthos! These days i prefer completely raw squatting to using a belt and wraps. Oly squatting builds big legs!

Mike, yeah when me and my mate get more funds a new cage will be in order. 2 power racks in our little gym would be sweet.