Top Roll Title Match Rvj Vs Cc

Flexor Brachialis

I've read on the northeastboard that this matchup is about to be set. :rock:rock

I wanted to see them pulling since al loong time ago, so what are your statments ??

The rules are : 2 right handed matches, than 2 left handed, the winner of more matches is the champ. If both win one hand, than the circle begins again.

The right hand is very hard to predict, Rob Vigeant is a Beast ! But in the hook i give the edge to Chandler..

Left handed Chandler will control him ! Damn am I excited about this.. I will have to extend my armTV membership for this event :D

Rob V will blow through Chandler.

Chad Silvers beat Chandler so quick I had to

watch it again to see details.

Rob V. beat Silvers the same way Silvers beat Chandler

technique wise.

We'll see! :D

Mighty Joe

ok, i can argue like that too :

RVJ couldn't beat eric woelfe (spelling?) in a hook at ROTN

Chandler was pinning him easily at new mexico...

Rob RH, Chris LH. The rules seem kind of confusing so as far as picking the winner of that...not too sure. For example, if Rob beats Chris 2-0 RH and Chris beats Rob 2-0 LH does it go to sudden death, starting RH again? If so, Rob as the overall, if it restarts at left, Chris as the overall. Chris has an uphill battle either way though because good luck with Rob's hand and IMO Rob has the bicep and lat power to deal with him in a hook. I didn't watch the ArmTv matches with Sylvain but it sounds like he used a lightening fast press to beat Rob? Maybe that would be a strategy for Chris? I'm not sure how fast he is but I'd guess he's easily got as much chest, tri, and shoulder strength as Sylvain. I've never pulled either one and they're both so much stronger than me I wouldn't know the difference but it sure is fun to speculate on it :D

Like I said, we'll see. :D

Mighty Joe

I say Rob wins right handed it won't be easy but he takes it, wherever it goes. I can't see Chandler winning in a hook, but he'll last a while I think. In a toproll Rob all the way. Not sure about the left arm. But it's not going to happen yet, Frank Hirst is going to take on Chris first (probably on April 25th) and then Rob will face him some other time. I pick Chris over Frank right and left.

Edited by Josh H

Ask yourself why and then you'll know why I posted my prediction. ;)

Mighty Joe

Looks like Rob can't make this next one so the match is off but hopefully he can make one down the road. They'll meet sooner or later, I don't see Chris wanting to stay 198# for long so maybe a 220# showdown for 2010 Unifieds :rock

Looks like Rob can't make this next one so the match is off but hopefully he can make one down the road. They'll meet sooner or later, I don't see Chris wanting to stay 198# for long so maybe a 220# showdown for 2010 Unifieds :rock

yeah now its like Josh said, CC vs Frank Hirst ... I think it will go like the Doug Allen match. Doug Allen and Frank Hirst would be a good match btw.

Frank Hirst and Doug Allen had several matches at Illinois States last January, Doug won left handed, Frank won every match right handed but not easily.

Frank Hirst and Doug Allen had several matches at Illinois States last January, Doug won left handed, Frank won every match right handed but not easily.

hm then i wonder what makes Frank Hirst to think he can win against chandler... I mean there is his money on the line..

I think Rob made greats points in a post he made in the NE AW board on this issue. Chris Chandler is great, and I am a fan too and everything.. but what RVJr says is true, WHO has he beat at 198 that everyone thinks he's so good? And everyone who has beaten Chandler - Rob has beaten! .. so it makes no sense. People talk about Chandler being very strong, but I think Rob is even stronger to be honest... he hung with Brzenk at Mohegan Sun for a few seconds, and in that "practise" match a few months ago he BEAT John... how many people can say beat John even at a practise table/after a tourney/John was tired/whatever ? Even in those conditions I don't think many have taken him. And in that match John tried hard (can be seen on ArmTV), and even tried to Tricep Press Rob and couldn't. Talk about horsepower! John has beaten Pushkar, Semerenko, etc with that Press from what I've seen on videos! Yet Rob held it. Even a "tired" John must be considerably stronger than Chris Chandler, no offence to the latter.

And that's just in case they go into a hook, because if Rob toprolls I think there's virtually no chance of Chris winning... or very low chance.

Like I said, I am a fan of Chris from the videos I've seen, but Rob is out of his league if you ask me.

Well I'll throw out my opinion if any one cares.

First I am very impressed with both of these guys. IMHO I think Chris is stronger than Rob in the arm but Rob's hand gives him an advantage if the fact that he will have a better hold of Chris than visa verse. I think if these two guys Top Roll its going to the strap and we will see whos wrist is stronger and in the wrist, I just don't know who is stronger. If it goes to the hook, again, I think Chris is stronger but I think the way Rob pulls in the hook is better. Even in a hook, styles make wars.

So my pick

In one match I go with Chris

In a best of 5 I go with Rob

In any event I will enjoy watching these two guys pull.

• 1 month later...

It's most likely going to happen at the next toproll tournament which possibly may be August 8th.

Well I'll throw out my opinion if any one cares.

First I am very impressed with both of these guys. IMHO I think Chris is stronger than Rob in the arm but Rob's hand gives him an advantage if the fact that he will have a better hold of Chris than visa verse. I think if these two guys Top Roll its going to the strap and we will see whos wrist is stronger and in the wrist, I just don't know who is stronger. If it goes to the hook, again, I think Chris is stronger but I think the way Rob pulls in the hook is better. Even in a hook, styles make wars.

So my pick

In one match I go with Chris

In a best of 5 I go with Rob

In any event I will enjoy watching these two guys pull.

Does Chris have a small hand? Or is it just that Robs hand is so much bigger? That gives him the advantage.

Does Chris have a small hand? Or is it just that Robs hand is so much bigger? That gives him the advantage.

I think both. :)

But even in a hook, Rob would take him down I bet.

I think both. :)

But even in a hook, Rob would take him down I bet.

Yeah just curious.....If his hand is strong enough I don't think size will be an issue.

His hands don't look that small ...

1762_1.jpg

I doubt their over 9" like Rob's or make the peg almost disappear when he grips it.

I've heard people who have pulled with him that his hand is a bit small. Of course, maybe "small" for that person doesn't mean 7" long. But definitely considerably smaller than Rob's for sure.