Do Dl On A 3" Bar

BigJan85

Not sure how many people work deadlifts with a 3" bar but I started doing these last week and it got me wondering what kind of numbers other GB members could pull with a double overhand grip. I got 230 on a smooth bar tonite and there was no way I could have gone any further.

I only have a 3" handle (similar to RT, but rotating not as easily) so my best one hand DL with this is slightly over 64kg (about 141lbs) if my memory serves me right... 230 sounds great for the start, you'll surely get quite a bit more soon.

230 is a solid number. My best from a while back is 255 or 265. Never trained it consistently enough to really hit it.

Gripboard member maidenfan 175# on a 3" barbell, ONE hand!:

Wow!! Thats awesome....looks like I got some work to do eh?

Well, he's pretty much world class in that lift if you ask me! But it's nice to aim high, heh.

:blink Morgan's the man :rock

AND it was suitcase!!! That's insane!!

Well, he's pretty much world class in that lift if you ask me! But it's nice to aim high, heh.

Yeah, I would agree. He could turn some grip contests upside-down if he competed. He's got the handsize and overall bodystrength to dominate. He used to have some crazy extensor numbers on the formulator! I used to follow his workouts on the Grippermania site.

Yeah, I would agree. He could turn some grip contests upside-down if he competed. He's got the handsize and overall bodystrength to dominate. He used to have some crazy extensor numbers on the formulator! I used to follow his workouts on the Grippermania site.

I checkout his log on the farmboard and his videos on youtube he is an all around strong guy pretty well rounded.His overhead press stuff especially with the sandbags always blew me away!

Take a look at his workout log on farmstrength. Last week he did a set of 15 handstand pushups nose to floor at a bodyweight of 282! :whacked Morgan is a beast!

Edited by nickr104