Double Bw Dip

foxyj75

Was just curious as to how commonly this is done. I have been doing weighted dips for a while, and think I might have a shot at this (at 255# BW) this year. I did BW+90# for sets of 5 reps yesterday, and could have easily handled another 45# plate for a few reps. I think I could do a BW + 200# dip pretty soon. I wouldn't seem to think it would be that common, but I just don't know. Thanks. :cool

the only people I know who can do this are gymnasts who weigh about a buck thirty. I dont know 250 lbers who can do it though so Id say its a pretty elite lift, especially for your weight. The world record I believe is bw + 434 lbs. Keep up the good work Fox!

Back when I used to train them I could do BW+225 for 3-5 reps. I quit because it kept injuring my AC joint. It was a fun lift for a while though. Be careful and make sure the dip bars aren't too wide for you.

Foxy, you are a freaking cyborg :D Man, first the crazy squats. Now dips :blink

I think that would be a hell of a lift. Best I ever got was a BW plus 190 triple, back when I weighed about 225-230.

I heard that Lupkes did heavy dips. Anybody know more about that?

Yes, currently 200 pounds attached at 325 bodyweight for sets of 10. In his prime he was doing double bodyweight - 300+ attached at 300 bodyweight for sets of 10.

Best I ever did was BW +150# x 10 when I weighed about 220 in HS. That was Heavy.

Good luck man.

- Aaron

Best I ever did was BW +150# x 10 when I weighed about 220 in HS. That was Heavy.

Good luck man.

- Aaron

Disregard that. Aaron is not human. Different standards for different species. :rock

-Rex