One Finger Lift

jwils

I've been training the two finger deadlift (middle on each hand) for a little while now and have been liking it quite a bit - after seeing a video on Adam's site with some sick tearing and one finger lifting I got inspired to give this a go on a hommade contraption...

Edited by jwils

I've been training the two finger deadlift (middle on each hand) for a little while now and have been liking it quite a bit - after seeing a video on Adam's site with some sick tearing and one finger lifting I got inspired to give this a go on a hommade contraption...

Ouch!!!

Great job!

Be careful with the single finger lifts.

Mighty Joe

Thanks Joe!

I've heard from a couple people now to watch myself on the "finger" lifts, I'm going to keep doing them, but will take extra care to not try too much too fast.

This was in the medley at the last MGC. I forgot how much weight it was. I think Josh Dale worked up to 300 pounds or so after the contest- I can't remember.

This was in the medley at the last MGC. I forgot how much weight it was. I think Josh Dale worked up to 300 pounds or so after the contest- I can't remember.

170 was in the medley(to waist high too :pinch ) and Josh got 325 after the comp.

• 2 weeks later...

Great lifts here !

Damn - 325 is HUGE

I wonder how the oldtimers could handle those enormous poundages if the claims are true.

661 lbs .......... Frank Philipp Brumbach

650 lbs .......... G.W. Rolandow

560 lbs .......... Warren Lincoln Travis

Pulled with middle finger. Did they use a hook that took the pure tensile strength of the finger

more into action than the contraction strength of the lower arm ?

Great lifts here !
Damn - 325 is HUGE

I wonder how the oldtimers could handle those enormous poundages if the claims are true.

661 lbs .......... Frank Philipp Brumbach

650 lbs .......... G.W. Rolandow

560 lbs .......... Warren Lincoln Travis

Pulled with middle finger. Did they use a hook that took the pure tensile strength of the finger

more into action than the contraction strength of the lower arm ?

I have a lot of footage of Stanless Steel pulling well over 650 with his middle finger. His best ever pull was 711lbs. Thats with one finger.

How does a man squat 1,000lbs? How does a man run a mile in under 4 minutes? He trains his tail off and never stops believing. that is how.

Damn - 325 is HUGE, anyone else pull over 300 after the comp?

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncBQ0wIQiHM

Ya you see me wussing out on it Josh and I worked are way up I stopped at 275 because ....well it HURT LIKE HELL! I think Josh could of done more but I do rember him saying that was a little painful :D .

I'll just add that a lot of it has to do with your set-up. I'm nowhere near 325 on my carabiner with tape for padding that's hooked to an IM loading pin. I'd like to see the set-up some of these guys in the 500-700# range are using.

If they're using a carabiner with a little tape much better men than I ( thats not hard to beat though)

I've done 160 with my set up and I felt like I had a bit more in the tank but after 5-6 lifts working up to that my finger started to hurt and cramp :D I'm just using a piece of leather over a loading pin from FBBC, feels pretty decent but I haven't tried much else.

If they're using a carabiner with a little tape much better men than I ( thats not hard to beat though)

Yeah...I'd like to see somebody do 300# in this manner.

I will pull over 400 this year with that same set up, time and pain. Thats all.

Edited by SSGGLASS

:rock

That was a great pull Adam but respectfully, that wasn't the set-up I was talking about. Take a large carabiner, one that is wide so your index and ring fingers have to sit on top of it, not hugging the sides, throw some tape on it, and then hook it to your IM loading pin.

Nice pull Adam! how big around is that ring and do you use any tape or padding on it?

I just ordered an FBBC loading pin/finger lift that I'm gonna use to train this lift - my other set up could vary a bit each use at least with the "Double Bastard" I'll have consistency as I watch my numbers go up

That was a great pull Adam but respectfully, that wasn't the set-up I was talking about. Take a large carabiner, one that is wide so your index and ring fingers have to sit on top of it, not hugging the sides, throw some tape on it, and then hook it to your IM loading pin.

Josh

that would be a very different pull, very tough no doubt.

Nice pull Adam! how big around is that ring and do you use any tape or padding on it?

Stew

It is a pretty tight fit with a piece of thin athletic tape around it (friction not padding) I have to jam my finger in pretty good, and it can be slightly difficult to remove after the pull because the finger swells right after the pull.