Would You Buy A Inch Dumbbell?

AWWurPUScHURT

I would be interested in a correct inch replica. I live near Paul so we could save a little on shipping 2 to Texas.

• 2 weeks later...

I would definitely be interested.

How much are we talking here (ballpark) and where would they be shipped from?

Also if we can get like 10 of use together do u think we could convince ironmind or richard sorin, to make a batch for us?

• 4 weeks later...

I just talked to Steve at Slater's Hardware and he told me that they are close to selling an accurate Inch replica. Not sure of the price or time table;)

It seems to me that you are torn between two clienteles. Some people want a solid bell for training to lift the inch. Others want a piece of Iron history. Since this has bearing on the cost of your project, it would be helpful to find out who belongs to either camp.

Personally, I’d be thrilled if someone could roughly weld about a 2 3/8th handle between two cylinders of thick, heavy round. If they got the implement between 160 and 175, I’d be happy. I don’t care if it looks crooked, uneven and rolls funny; if I can train with it and give up all of my jerry-rigged “Inches,” I would be happy.

I'd buy one if it was historically correct and could count for the cert

Paul... I'm sorry if I'm out of the loop on this one - I didn't know that there was a cert on the Inch DB. Can you give me more info on this; very interesting! :)

i would like an "inch-set":

for example: 40 kg, 45 kg, 50 kg, "baby" (53 kg), 58 kg, 63 kg, 68 kg, 72 kg & "the inch" (78 kg).

but only, if i win in a lottery.

I'd buy one if it was historically correct and could count for the cert

Paul... I'm sorry if I'm out of the loop on this one - I didn't know that there was a cert on the Inch DB. Can you give me more info on this; very interesting! :)

I believe he is talking about the gripboard cert.

- Aaron

whats with the 2 inch v bar deal joe? just being nosey i use one I made?is it a bad thing?? DOnt' mean to step on any toes!!

whats with the 2 inch v bar deal joe? just being nosey i use one I made?is it a bad thing?? DOnt' mean to step on any toes!!

No, it's not a bad thing to make your own equipment.

Mighty Joe

Personally, I’d be thrilled if someone could roughly weld about a 2 3/8th handle between two cylinders of thick, heavy round. If they got the implement between 160 and 175, I’d be happy. I don’t care if it looks crooked, uneven and rolls funny; if I can train with it and give up all of my jerry-rigged “Inches,” I would be happy.

I love rigged things can you post any pictures?

Rico

• 2 weeks later...

they have more personality that way !!! I'd like to see some of these creations also! I'm pretty sure I could weld that and make it look pretty decent! Now I'll have to try and find theses items and get hot!!

Edited by deadgame1