600# Squat

The Natural

I did this tonight. I will post the video later.

Equipment used: neoprene under-belt, belt, Kono knee sleeves. For what it's worth, I hit a very easy 500# squat, no belt, about ten minutes before. The yoke work seems to be helping my core strength.

-Rex

Awesome :rock Lets see that video.

Nice squat man! Can't wait to see the video. :rock

Its about friggin time. Thought you would never start putting weight on the bar.

- Aaron

I put enough weight on the bar this time to bend it! I show the bend in the video. Turned a perfectly functional bar into junk!

-Rex

incredible squat rex..your numbers are fast coming along to the point of insanity. you've got another 35-50lbs in that squat as it is. WOW

SICK squat my friend! You had more in you man! :cool:rock

Thanks man. Yeah, when I watched the video at Paul's for the first time, I was very surprised at how fast the bar is moving. As a conservative guess, I'd say I have 20 more pounds in me.

-Rex

Yeah, buddy...light weight! :rock

I put enough weight on the bar this time to bend it! I show the bend in the video. Turned a perfectly functional bar into junk!

-Rex

Doesn't get much better than that.

Equipment used: neoprene under-belt, belt, Kono knee sleeves.

-Rex

Forget the neoprene belt, knee sleeves, etc. The reason you killed that squat comes down to the Chuck Taylor All-Star shoes. :rock:rock:rock

Equipment used: neoprene under-belt, belt, Kono knee sleeves.

-Rex

Forget the neoprene belt, knee sleeves, etc. The reason you killed that squat comes down to the Chuck Taylor All-Star shoes. :rock:rock:rock

That definitely helps, but he gets his inspiration from this guy:

Thanks man. Yeah, when I watched the video at Paul's for the first time, I was very surprised at how fast the bar is moving. As a conservative guess, I'd say I have 20 more pounds in me.

-Rex

i don't want sound like a jerk ...but i always thought you were cocky without really reason. but now, i see the "light" lol. you really are VERY strong ...before i read a thread about you wanting to become a strongman and some people were a bit discouraging and such, but now, i think even they have to admit you can definitely do it and be in there! you ain't no flash in the pan and i think you proved yourself in my eyes a lot with this lift ...and i'll just shut up now and say GREAT JOB DUDE YOU ARE A BEAST LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ON ESPN SOON!

-Rex

To be fair, any bar that can't handle 600 lbs is junk to begin with.

Beastly squat though. Nice job.

Edited by MatterOverMind

• 1 month later...

Wow - that is some real strength right there. Very impressive.

What exactly was the purpose of the spotter back there? Was he gonna curl it or something?

What exactly was the purpose of the spotter back there? Was he gonna curl it or something?

Thank you.

I watched the video again to make sure I was not mistaken. The spotter's technique was perfect. What problem did you see with what he did?

-Rex

Thank you.

I watched the video again to make sure I was not mistaken. The spotter's technique was perfect. What problem did you see with what he did?

-Rex

Oh - nothing, necessarily.. it's just that when you have 600lbs on you, I can't see how he'd be able to really help much if you couldn't push it up. It would seem safer for you to just dump it on the powerrack.

I'm not speaking from experience in heavy lifts, mind you - I'm a relative weakling, but trying to work my way up.. At the weights I'm pushing, a spotter could help - but at those insane weights you are pushing, it seems like he'd have his hands full.. :blink