Short Term Squat Pr!

foxyj75

Just figured I would share this with you guys. At a little over halfway through the 20 rep squat 6 week cycle, tonight I hit 300# for 20 reps! That may not be a big deal to some of you monsters, but I'm stoked about it! :D:rock :rock Check out my training log for some other PR's I hit tonight. Later! :cool

God Bless,

--Foxy<><

nice man, can you post the routin or a link to it? ive never done it but it seems good

Sure, here it is:

20 rep squat program

Teddy, I just used this as a guide. I have modified some things to fit my taste. Good luck if you try it. :cool

Good job man.

Wannagrip posted some useful information a while back about 20 rep squats. Four days or so after you do them, do a few heavy singles with 100 or so pounds more than the weight you use for your 20 rep squats. It will confuse the muscle and slow down adaptation to the 20 rep scheme.

Best of luck!

-Rex

Good work, Jeremiah :rock

Good job man.

Wannagrip posted some useful information a while back about 20 rep squats...

In this forum?

Edited by Magnus

Excellent set! Feel pukey after?

Excellent set! Feel pukey after?

Lets just say I could REALLY taste my pre-workout meal! :D:blink

Wow! Fox - thats very strong! I can do 185 for 20 on a good day :laugh I have chicken legs

A nice shocker program I use from time to time is my 40-30-20-10-5 program.

135 x 40, 225 x 30, 315 x 20, 405 x 10, 495 x 5.

The 30 rep set is the anti puke battle for me. The 20 actually feels easy. You'll be sore for a week

The 30 rep set is the anti puke battle for me. The 20 actually feels easy. You'll be sore for a week

John what percentages of your max are these/so we would know where to start?

John what percentages of your max are these/so we would know where to start?

I'd just pick a moderately hard 5 rep set & then just work back from there. First time I did this I hadn't been working maxes in a long time. I'd say it was about 10% off my max 5 rep at the time for the heavy set. I added 30lbs at the heaviest - 4 weeks adding 10lbs to every set each week.

John, when you do these, do you go out into the woods with a training partner, a BBQ grill, and some hot women, in the grand style of Arnold?

-Rex

I've done 100 hundreds as a squat routine for many years (100# for 100 straight reps). It has proven itself as a great way to get my legs in shape to climb mountains - not sure what value it has for anything else but it seems to be good for the mind too. It also make you walk funny for a few days.