Hand Cramps

NickZ726

Recently I have begun to get cramps in my right hand, around my thumb pad and index finger. I know this is most likely a combination of the recent increase grip work along with working in a lab. I have to use pipettes constantly and the repetition of fine movements with my thumb can cause cramps. I always keep my electrolytes in balance through adequate hydration and a balanced diet. I have already hand to drop my sledge work because it caused the cramps to intensify. I would say more rest would be the best possible thing for me but, I have to use my right hand a lot every day, especially my thumb. Is there any thing I can do to prehab/rehab my thumb? Any advice would be very much apprecaited.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nick, sorry for the late response, but you have probably,hopefully figured out that Contrast baths and icing tour thumb area should help you and lay off the thumb workouts till it feels better and Maybe an anti flam for a couple or few days if it is kicking your butt :)