Dinnie Stone Replica Lifts - With Straps

wscorpion

Here's the video:

http://www.dailymotion.com/mvogels/video/13781538

Backup Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt_MPRkrRNk

After the lifts I've placed the plates and the rings with loading pin on a scale.

Here are the results:

20kg (blue) = 20,2kg

20kg (black) = 20,3kg

15kg (yellow) = 15,4kg

10kg (green) = 10,2kg

10kg (black) = 10,2kg

5kg (red) = 5kg

2.5kg (black) = 2,4kg

Small ring with loading pin = 2,3kg

Big ring with loading pin = 2,9kg

This gives a total of 190kg for the Big Ring and 149,4kg for the Small Ring.

Now I need to strengthen my hands a little more to lift them without the straps before I will go to Potarch, Scotland to lift the real ones ;-)

That was damn strong Mark.

I have never used straps though, does the feel of the ring and the strain of it on your hands still work them or is the grip still going to be a big transition?

My other question is the height of the dinnie stones. If they are lower than your setup they will be much harder to lift. I can rack pull 600+ from my knees but every inch the bar drops below that changes the leverage and strength needed allot. Unless you already know the heights and have adjusted for this I would try and find that information out.

Thanks guys!!!

I have never used straps though, does the feel of the ring and the strain of it on your hands still work them or is the grip still going to be a big transition?

Yes, it's quite a difference. Ive lifted 150kg and 110kg without straps and could have gone a little higher but my skin was already tearing, so I stopped.

With straps that's no problem at all, only thing that can fail is the rest of the body ;)

But I'm training both with and without straps ...

My other question is the height of the dinnie stones. If they are lower than your setup they will be much harder to lift. I can rack pull 600+ from my knees but every inch the bar drops below that changes the leverage and strength needed allot. Unless you already know the heights and have adjusted for this I would try and find that information out.

Quote from David Horne's site:

These have been designed using the exact measurements that I took from the Dinnie Stones when I went up to Scotland a few years ago and lifted them, and a small rectangular attachment has been welded to the bottom of the ring, with a weld that is designed to withstand thousands of kilos of pressure. The rectangle has a hole in the centre onto which the loading pins of the exact height are attached by a wing-nut bolt

So I'm pretty safe there :cool

Edited by White Scorpion