How Is This Routine ?

TheAugustKid

Okay so I came up with a little routine and I want to see what you guys think.

First I start off warming up with my gripper doing a set of 10. (It's only about 50lbs of pressure to close it)

Then I use this one method I found of putting water/sand into a protein container and lifting it with your fingers spread out inside the container. Helps with strengthening your finger extensions.

Plate pinch 3x10 seconds or to failure (whichever comes first)

Wrist curls 3x10

reverse wrist curls 3x10

3 sets on each hand, hanging from a pull up bar to failure

Then I use a small weight clamp to pinch with my thumb until failure for 3 sets.

To end it I flip my gripper upside down and do 3 sets of 5. And that's actually pretty difficult.

That's what I did today. I think I hit all the spots I should have. I can also start throwing in other exericses later like towl hangs, and sledge hammer work and such unti I get better grippers. How does this sound for now? Are the reps and sets good?

you should get stronger - let us know how it works - my only suggestion would be to warm-up with squats/deads/or bench instead of some lite gripper closes, I think you will find this works better for a warmup

you should get stronger - let us know how it works - my only suggestion would be to warm-up with squats/deads/or bench instead of some lite gripper closes, I think you will find this works better for a warmup

huh? Warm my hands up with compound exercises? I don't understand. I do a 5x5 full body program already three days a week. I think that would over exhaust myself.

huh? Warm my hands up with compound exercises? I don't understand. I do a 5x5 full body program already three days a week. I think that would over exhaust myself.

I didn't understand this myself at first. Aaron and Rex have turned me on to this by explaining to me the Central Nervous System (CNS) - it is important to kick start your CNS before your workout - you will get better results. Performing complex muscle movements will do this. If it conflicts with you normal routine - try to figure out another way to get it firing without those excersises I mentioned - possibly a light jog, just barely breaking a sweat can achieve these same results. Also, you don't need to go super heavy w/the squats and deads - just something to get you breathing a little will work, so maybe that wouldn't screw up your normal training too much. I can't explain it in detail like those guys can - I just know it works, its has helped me alot - you might just try it a couple times and see if your results vary - just a suggestion

Oh okay well that's interesting. Very good to know. I never thought warming up my hands would need so much time. But thank you. I'll figure out something.