Competing

BigJan85

I'm looking to do a grip comp. sometime this year and I looked under the contests forum and I didn't find much. Does anyone know of anything in or close to the Illinois area. I live in northern Illinois about 2 hours west of Chicago but I'm willing to travel a reasonable distance (5-6 hours). Thanks to anyone who can help me.

I'm from NW Indiana, work near schaumburg, I'm definately interested in hearing about contests/ training partners as well.

I'm from NW Indiana, work near schaumburg, I'm definately interested in hearing about contests/ training partners as well.

NW Indiana sounds pretty close to Three Rivers, MI. We have a competition every year in the spring at Don Larkin's Gym in Three Rivers. Believe me, if you don't make it out to the next one on May 25th, weather your a grip guy or not, you will be missing something awesome.

NW Indiana sounds pretty close to Three Rivers, MI. We have a competition every year in the spring at Don Larkin's Gym in Three Rivers. Believe me, if you don't make it out to the next one on May 25th, weather your a grip guy or not, you will be missing something awesome.

2 hour drive, not bad... It would probably be like a bad drive home from work! I'll save the date.

2 hour drive, not bad... It would probably be like a bad drive home from work! I'll save the date.

Hang on, I lied to you. It's on the 9th, not the 25th.

We'll probably be having one in either the KC area or the St. Louis area in the spring. It'll be a qualifier for the US grip nationals.

We'll probably be having one in either the KC area or the St. Louis area in the spring. It'll be a qualifier for the US grip nationals.

If you have one close to the St. Louis area I would like to come watch the competition.

If you have one close to the St. Louis area I would like to come watch the competition.

Watch??? By not competing you make all of us weak guys look bad :whistel

Edited by The Writer

Watch??? By not competing you make all of us weak guys look bad :whistel

Haha, Sorry :D What I meant to say is I would like to make that my first grip competition and learn all I can from the more experienced guys.

Sounds great Adam! We'd love to have you there. Nothing set in stone yet, but it looks like the qualifier will be near St. Louis this year. Closer to your location by quite a ways.

Host one!

Build it and they will come...

And if you can host a comp where the above guys compete? Then you're winning, even if you lose!